What about the people with the Tivo HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
after the 15th of Dec what channels will they get , we know they cant get MHD, SMITH HD and so on , will the price only be $2.50 for them?

I think the popular theory on this is that people with old equipment will be grandfathered and will get what they get now for what they pay now.

That is, until they do away with MPEG2 altogether...

Man....is there any word about TiVo trying to make their stuff Mpeg4/Satellite compatible in the near future?

Man....is there any word about TiVo trying to make their stuff Mpeg4/Satellite compatible in the near future?

Well, whether TIVO does that and whether you can get a TIVO box that will work on DirecTV that will do it are two different questions.

I imagine TIVO already has a box that will do MPEG4 - just not on D*

Well, whether TIVO does that and whether you can get a TIVO box that will work on DirecTV that will do it are two different questions.

I imagine TIVO already has a box that will do MPEG4 - just not on D*
See my avatar for my reaction.

I think the popular theory on this is that people with old equipment will be grandfathered and will get what they get now for what they pay now.

That is, until they do away with MPEG2 altogether...

Ok, hows it going to work for , lets say me . I have 1 HR20 and 2 HD tivos , I might not add on the $4.99 HD extra package , will I still get a few of the HD channels on the Tivo untill they go MPEG4 ? If so I dont see why I would have to pay the $4.99. This is getting confusing. Or it could just be me.

Ok, hows it going to work for , lets say me . I have 1 HR20 and 2 HD tivos , I might not add on the $4.99 HD extra package , will I still get a few of the HD channels on the Tivo untill they go MPEG4 ? If so I dont see why I would have to pay the $4.99. This is getting confusing. Or it could just be me.

No, you're right... that is confusing... I have no idea how they'd handle that. Maybe there's a way they can authorize the receivers for separate programming, but I'm not sure.

That would be weird to get some programs on your old box that you don't get on the new ones...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts