What about us Charter Members!

Glad to hear CVS is still out there for us?

By jnardone: "Cablevision will eventually make good on their agreement (within two to three weeks according to the CSR's)"

If this is true then I feel better already, However everyone that is in this boat with me should let your voice be heard in this thread or related ones to be sure our voice is strong enough to get a "Fair" deal.

GG :rolleyes:

The perils of being an early adopter. Face it, life's not fair. You win some, you lose a lot more.

joemama said:
The perils of being an early adopter. Face it, life's not fair. You win some, you lose a lot more.

Yup. I was an early adopter for HDTV. Had a 1st Generation Toshiba 4:3 HDTV. Compared with what is now available, what an overpriced POS. Same thing happens with computer equipment and all consumer electronics. For what you paid last year, you can get this year at half the price and better performance.

They're not billing you for undelivered service, so I don't see how you can claim nonperformance. Upfront costs are the purchaser's problem. What if you had voluntarily switched to D* or E* last month? Would you have gotten any money back from V* for the purchased equipment? No. Your out of pocket costs would have been the same.

jnardone said:
There was a purchase agreement (contract) in writing between Voom box purchasers and Cablevision.
I realize in advance that trying to discuss this matter rationally is a waste of time, but as far as I can tell, I didn't have a purchase agreement at all (and I did purchase my stb), and, in any case, VOOM was operated not by Cablevision but by Rainbow DBS Company LLC.

jnardone said:
I would say every court in the land would disagree with you. There was a purchase agreement (contract) in writing between Voom box purchasers and Cablevision. In exchange for our money Cable vision gave us a box and a two year in home service agreement. Cablevision has not gone out of business and they have now failed to provide the in home service portion of the agreement. Box purchasers did not take a risk at all - they were guaranteed service by Cablevision (a large public company) for at least two years. Cablevision will eventually make good on their agreement (within two to three weeks according to the CSR's) not because they are doing anyone a favor but because they are required to by the law. Refunds to box purchasers one of the expenses associated with shutting down the VOOM service.
Actually, I have 6 months warranty left on 4 of my receivers. One went bad and I need it serviced. CVC warranted my receiver for two years as the owner of VOOM. Aren't they obligatged to fix my reciever so I can use it as an for OTA? I don't think any court in America would disagree with that.

As noted in another thread (and told to me today by the CSRs) we will receive a letter in the next three weeks outlining what Cablevision has decided to do for box owners. But the CSRs claim to have no idea what the letter will say. With any luck it's a coupon for a free PPV movie on Dish ;)

-MP

I just called... and it's TRUE! Or at the very least, I have a positive credit on my account currently that equals what I paid for my boxes minus what I owed them for my last month. Hallelujah! If this holds and I get an actual check, then I am MORE than satisfied.

-MP

I never received a bill for that last month of Voom. It looks like they gave us the last month for free.

Now only if we would get our check for the last two months of advertising from VOOM. :) We are counting on that money for our booth at the Satellite Expo show next month. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now only if we would get our check for the last two months of advertising from VOOM. :) We are counting on that money for our booth at the Satellite Expo show next month. :D
Bill the first month to C. Dolan, and the 2nd month to J. Dolan. :D

madpoet said:
I've already tried to fight this fight, and there was little interest. So I sold my boxes. Yes, there is a warranty. No, they are NOT honoring the warranty (they have ceased all service calls, so if your box breaks you are screwed). Yes, you could probably threaten them with letters to their legal department and get some sort of refund. I encourage you to do so in fact. This entire shutdown has been a farce, start to finish. And those of us who owned the boxes were bent over the table prison-style.

from your other post i just read then you will get paid back twice for you boxes if you have done sold them and now you have a credit on you account now.

t

geekygizmo said:
Cablevision never separated VOOM from their business, they simply pulled the plug and ya did an f-u to us charter members, It is time to re-read the terms of agreement and get a lawyer involved, by numbers even a few hundred of us can make it happen, perhaps even a few dozen, all I want is to rightly have paid what the service should have cost and $120 per month for 16 months and only getting the basic + one plus pack is too much, I may only be owed a few hundred dollars after all is said and done but I am still owed that and hundred's of you other charter members are in the same boat.

I am really mad that CVS started such a project and did not even have a 2 year plan, let all of us believe it would continue for years! I expected to amortize the cost of my equipment (about $1200.00) over at least 3 or more years and did not even get half of that.

Ya there is room to be mad and all you that just say suck-it-up please go to the e* forum that’s the service you have now right?

GG

gee you need to a chill pill and read the last thread from today you are getting paid back for you boxes so now you need to apoligize to the thread for using such a tone with everyone.

t

TYORK said:
from your other post i just read then you will get paid back twice for you boxes if you have done sold them and now you have a credit on you account now.

t

Indeed ;) It's almost like Christmas! Hardly paid twice though, the boxes only sold for about $115 together.

-MP

madpoet said:
Indeed ;) It's almost like Christmas! Hardly paid twice though, the boxes only sold for about $115 together.

-MP

well i guess that 115.00 was for all the worry they put you though in the last month about get you credit for you boxes. LOL

t

I called yesterday, no credit on my account yet.

Fingers crossed,

Any one else get/not get credit yet?

GG

geekygizmo said:
I called yesterday, no credit on my account yet.

Fingers crossed,

Any one else get/not get credit yet?

GG

I called yesterday, and they did say that I had a credit of over $400 on my account. They said it would be credited to the credit card that they have on file for me, and that it could take up to 6 weeks to see the credit. They have been very good to deal with up to this point, so I see no reason to be skeptical on this....

-k

Wow, I just called and found I have a $415 credit. I had 1 receiver (purchased) and was a charter member.

Very generous and classy by Voom.

Don

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)