What advantages of a 10ft dish

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hey guys i currently have a 8ft dish for cband and 4ft offset dish for kuband. I have a chance of having a 10ft dish being given to me. What are some of the advantages of having a 10ft dish. Would it be worth getting it and setting it up. I would get rid of my 8ft dish and still keep my 4ft offset dish

Yes, it's usually worth upgrading as long as there's nothing wrong with the new dish. Hopefully you can use the same pole as your 8 footer. I highly suggest you keep the 8 footer for the moment, until the 10 footer is completely installed and tweaked to your liking.

Reactions: Brct203
Hey guys i currently have a 8ft dish for cband and 4ft offset dish for kuband. I have a chance of having a 10ft dish being given to me. What are some of the advantages of having a 10ft dish. Would it be worth getting it and setting it up. I would get rid of my 8ft dish and still keep my 4ft offset dish

I read on tvrosat that a 10ft dish receives 56% more power than 8ft dish. I live in the North (Canada) where I have weaker footprint for a lot of satellites and I’ve never had any issues locking onto S2 5/6 or 9/10 signals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)