What are my options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

carguy4sp

Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Fort Myers, Fl
I just purchased a new Pansonic HD TV and a new DISH Network ViP222K HD RECEIVER and I was under the wrong impression that I could buy the new HD Tivo to finish everything for my HD setup.

I just found out on Tivo's website that it will not work with my dish setup.

I love my old series 2 Tivo and I hat to give it up but I want to enjoy HD service.

What should I purchase ? A DVR receiver combo maybe? I would need a duo. I can return the new receiver and exchange it for a dvr but with so many choices what is the best one to purchase that will not break the bank and not add a huge amount of annoying add on fees from dish?

I am new to this HD stuff so if you can help that would be great.

I will be hooking up one DVD player, one TV ears and of course the other single TV non HD in the other room.

Thanks
Rod and Alicia.

Can't see why you bought the ViP. Your monthly fee will be the same whether you own or lease. Buying only lets you avoid a contract. And MAYBE it will have some resale value some day.

It appears what you actually want is a ViP722 or ViP722k. These Dish DVRs are great, the finest available. And they can receive OTA and feed two TVs.

Tivo is a bad word to many of us here, and it will not work with Dish directly. Nor with DirecTV directly.

Question, Why didn't you just Buy a 211k? That you can Turn into a DVR with a 2.0 Usb Hard drive and a one time $40 Fee.

Claude at the Dish store had a 211k last week for $90 , He may still have one.
Even if you need 2 rooms, 2-211ks would still be around $200.

Vip 222 are pointless IMHO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)