What are your favorite OS X apps?

rockymtnhigh said:
OSX Lion Tip: want to stop the launchpad from having a blurred background behind the icons?

Click Command-Option-Control-B and cycle through blur, black-and-white, and original desktop backgrounds.

Alas, it resets to the default after a reboot.

Nice. What an Apple head!!!!:)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

rockymtnhigh said:
Ha! Read it on a blog awhile ago. I wish it was the default.

I bet there is not a "one" person that could say they know every tip/trick there is. Not even from Apple.

I bet there is not a "one" person that could say they know every tip/trick there is. Not even from Apple.

The biggest surprise I have had with osx is how keyboard-centric it is. So many keyboard shortcuts I can barely remember a handful. My image of Mac was always tied to the mouse, but it nothing like I expected, although I have to say the trackpad and gestures have changed the way I compute- and several of the keyboard shortcuts have all become ingrained.

I also thought I would the the menu not being tied to the window in use, but that too has a certain elegance and consistency that I really like.

Cult of Mac regularly runs "super bundles" of software.

The current one:

https://deals.cultofmac.com/sales/m...+Toast&utm_medium=adunit&utm_source=cultofmac

Includes Roxio Toast Titanium 11 (for burning DVDs and such), and Rapidweaver (a well regarded easy-to-use web design program) and several other programs, for $49.

I have purchased from them before - and indeed, got Rapidweaver in the last deal, but $49 for Toast alone is a steal of a deal, as it goes for $100.

A launcher program -- Alfred. This thing is super cool. Has eliminated my use of both the launchpad and the dock for the most part. A simple short-cut, set as command-up-arrow on my machine brings up Alfred, I type the first letter of a program name and it loads it. I can search for files, can do google searches, send emails, all from a very simple interface. Free, but I bought the "PowerPack" that provides more functionality for $24. Great program.

Check it out: Alfred App

Its certainly not a favorite app but Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 came out with SR2 today, and finally after 11 months since Lion debuted last summer, Office now supports full-screen mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)