What are your favorite tv show intro's / opens / network promos from the past?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It was not a TV show/theme. From the Marx Bros "At The Circus", late '30s.
Bobby...saw that on a Dick Cavett special a few months ago.

this is getting way too much attention for an aside. Sorry to bring it up.

Some interesting promo's / intro's that I like are :

ABC 1977-79 Still the One - Promo
ABC 1969-70 Meet us in September - Promo - 1969 ABC "Meet Us In September" Fall Preview: Bewitched - YouTube (Is Casey Casum doing the voice over?) ABC TV Fall Promo (1969 to 1970) - "MEET US IN SEPTEMBER!" - YouTube
ABC 1969-72 Movie of the Week - ABC Movie of the Week Open 1971 - YouTube
AWESOME ---> ABC 1980-86 Movie Open (Sunday Night Movie) ABC Sunday Night Movie Open 1982 - YouTube
NBC 1987 SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES NBC Sunday Night at the Movies open 1987 - YouTube
NBC 1983 WE GOT IT MADE - intro - We Got It Made 1983 NBC TV Show Intro - YouTube
NBC Logo History - 1944 to present - NBC Logo History (1926-2011) - YouTube
In Living Color History - In Living Colour-Television History - YouTube
Viacom Logo History - Viacom Logo History - YouTube
Columbia Pictures Logo History - Columbia Pictures Television Logo History - YouTube
Desilu and Paramount Television Logo History - The History Of Desilu And Paramount Television Logos 1966 - 2009 - YouTube
Revue/ Universal/ MCA/ MTE Television Logos - The History of Revue/ Universal/ MCA/ MTE Television Logos *UPDATE* - YouTube
1981 NBC Movie Opener - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWHq-9yW_4
WKRP In Cincinnati - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1jbnd6eUxo&feature=related

Last edited:
Another one I enjoyed from WLVI channel 56 in Boston. For some reason we got this channel on our cable and they aired all the best TV shows and cartoons. :)

Last edited:
I like the "Be There' Campaign as well. That was right around the time when NBC started to actually get some ratings before they rose to the top. Here are some more interesting NBC promo's ...

1980 NBC - Proud as a Peacock - NBC fall 1980 (We're Proud - part of the "Proud as a Peacock" campaign) - YouTube
1981 NBC - Our Pride is Showing
1982 NBC - Just Watch Us Now - NBC fall 1982 (Just Watch Us Now) - YouTube
1983 NBC - Be There - NBC 1983 "Be There" - YouTube
1984 NBC - Let's All Be There - NBC fall 1984 (Let's All Be There) 16x9 - YouTube
1985 NBC - Let's All Be There - NBC-TV "Let's All Be There" Promo 1985 - YouTube
1986 NBC - Come Home to NBC - Come Home To NBC - 1986 - YouTube
(1986 is the year NBC changed their logo to the one you see today and became 60 years old)
1987 NBC - Come Home to NBC - Come Home to NBC 2:40 Promo 1987 - YouTube
Come Home to NBC 2:40 Promo 1987 - YouTube NBC fall 1987 (Come Home) #01 - YouTube NBC fall 1987 (Come Home) #02 - YouTube
1988 NBC - Come Home to the Best only on NBC - NBC fall 1988 (Come Home to the Best . . . Only on NBC) 16x9 - YouTube
1989 NBC - Only on NBC - NBC Come Home To The Best 1989 - YouTube
1990 NBC - The Place to Be - NBC fall 1990 (The Place to Be) - YouTube
1991 NBC - No promos
1992 NBC - No promos
1993 NBC - (Last Year - One Final Try) The Stars Are Back on NBC - NBC fall 1993 (The Stars are Back on NBC) 16x9 - YouTube

Isn't you tube great, love to watch old local promos from local stations, especially local commercials seeing how much things have changed as well as prices for things

Sent from my iPad!!

Youtube is great, love watching how things used to be and how things change and all the great memories of the old promotions and stuff.

Our local CBS channel has those like 19-2 here in Huntsville Alabama. They play all the favs. What is neat, those were hot in the day. I try to get my 20s ages kids to watch 3 stooges, nightrider and the like. "This is boring dad, how can you watch these" I say, you grew up with 150 channels, video games. We had three networks, even before Fox and pong. Kids today... Spoiled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts