What baseball stadium was the newest when you were born?

For me it's Veterans' Stadium. The newest one still is use is Oakland-Alameda County Stadium. Two ass ugly stadiums.

For me it would have to be Mile High (Bears Stadium), although County Stadium in Milwaukee opened the year after I was born. If I had to choose from among active MLB stadiums it would be Wrigley Field. Damn, I'm old.

If we're using your theory of only active anyone born before 62 would be Wrigley ;)

The sad thing all the good stadiums are all torn down. Tiger Stadium, Cominsky Park, Polo Grounds and Ebbetts Field.

The new stadiums might be nice, but they all look the same. The older stadiums like Tiger Stadium where unique because they evolved over several decades with additions and changes.

Its the bad things about the older stadiums that everyone complained about made them so great.

For my Dad it would have been Mile High Stadium and my Grandfather would have been Baltimore's Memorial Stadium.

Guess it's Milwaukee County Stadium for me; was built two years before I was born.

Went to a few games there during the Robin Yount era. Reminded me a lot of the old (pre-refurbished) Yankee Stadium: steel pillars, steep upper deck, overhang over the lower deck. Haven't a chance to get to the new Miller Park, though.

Metropolitan Stadium.
oldguy.gif

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)