What can 622 do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpezz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I tried searching and reading the topics but I am still confused. I am planning to upgrade to HD after 3+ years with my 522 and I read here that it seems you can do all sorts of things with a 622 but I am not sure which work. Can someone summarize for me or point to a page that has that info? I looked at the dish 622 brochure online but it doesn't say much. I know what a 522 can do (record and playback but nothing else useful to my knowledge).

Can I connect an external drive via USB to get more storage? Does it require undocumented tricks?

What else is USB on the 622 good for? Can I down load or upload movies? Jpegs for viewing?

It has ethernet? Is it good for anything useful?

TIA

John

It can use external hard drives, with one time activation of the feature.
The usb should also allow you to connect camera's and put pictures on the 622, but someone said it wasn't working right now.
The ethernet allows you to connect to dish-on-demand. Right now it is just a bunch of PPV movies and they are mostly older ones. Hopefully they will add the kind of free movies and TV shows on demand that Direct or Comcast has. It won't play video files from the usb port, nor music as far as I know.

As for other things. It is an HD-DVR, can record 30 hours of HD content or 200 or so hours of SD. Upconverts SD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts