What can a 722 do without service?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
If one was do disconnect a 722 and change it for a 922 what could you use the 722 for? I know you could watch your DVR recordings. Can you record OTA? What about transfer recordings with an external hard drive? I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but just wondering if it would be worth it to keep it or sell it.:confused:

might work for a while, but once the authorization runs out, everything, OTA, EHD, will probably quit working.

I wonder if they would be like the old Motorola VOOM Boxes that worked as OTA tuners even after voom itself ceased to broadcast as a company? That would be nice!

Maybe send an email to tech support, to avoid CSR roulette? It would be nice to know if you could watch without the dish connected, or if you'd get that annoying "loss of signal" error msg.

I wonder if they would be like the old Motorola VOOM Boxes that worked as OTA tuners even after voom itself ceased to broadcast as a company? That would be nice!

That's what I was thinking, use it as an OTA tuner and record. The problem might be that since there is no subscription you would have no program information. :confused:

I had a 622 I left inactive but hooked to a set for a while. I did watch stuff from my DVR , EHD did not work and I did not have my OTA plumbed to it so I cannot answer that. You will get the annoying notice about no signal, though.

I wish I had the OTA hooked up so I could answer for you. I had it set up per the scenario you're asking about but unfortunately I knew I was gonna reactivate so I didn't bother too much with what all I could do with it being inactive. Looking back, that would be nice stuff to know. However, I would expect that it is crippled without service.

Acer

If you disconnect the 622/722 before you tell them to shut it off then can you still watch the content that is on the EHD? You pay a one time fee of $40 to be able to use it so its not fair if they do not let you to continue to use it once account is shut off. Do you have to pay the fee again if you want to turn service back on again in the future? Sounds like a big rip off to me.

There is grace period for autonomic run a smart card, after that if it not getting 'be alive' packets from stream, all function controlled by the card will be stopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts