What channels are on each satellite?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
My dish is mounted on a pole that’s concreted in the ground. I bumped the pole yesterday while mowing. It didn’t seem to hurt it at the time. But tonight we’re getting some rain and now most of my channels aren’t working (normally rain doesn’t effect it). I’m guessing my bump knocked it out of line just a touch. My locals are working but not much else. I’m thinking I can watch all channels that are on the same satellite as my locals but not the other channels. My question is how do I know what satellite my locals are on and how do I know which other channels are on the same satellite without going through each channel one at a time. I have a hopper 3 and live in East Tennessee.

Thanks guys. My dish is pointing mainly south to a little south east.
It’s really weird. The rain is down to a drizzle for the moment and most channels are back. But when it was raining I never lost my locals. But according to that chart, ESPN is also on 61.5 and it wasn’t working.

Thanks guys. My dish is pointing mainly south to a little south east.
It’s really weird. The rain is down to a drizzle for the moment and most channels are back. But when it was raining I never lost my locals. But according to that chart, ESPN is also on 61.5 and it wasn’t working.

Locals are usually on a spot beam with a higher signal in your area than most of the rest of the transponders on the same satellite.

I have 110,119,129, and 61.5 ( for locals in HD ). Many channels on 61.5 are the same as on the other sats I receive. How does the H3 decide which sat to use for the duplicated channels?

Well instead of calling Dish and wasting most of my day waiting for them to show. I called a local installer whom I’ve become somewhat friends with over the years. He used to install both Dish and Direct. But he quit fooling with Dish a while back because he said they didn’t want to pay on certain things??
Anyway I called him to see if he would just swing by and dial my Dish back in and I would give him some money for his time. He came today while I was at work. He called and said the reason my signal strength isn’t what it should be is because they don’t have the correct dish for my system. He said when I had the Hopper 3 installed they should have changed by Dish also. Does this sound accurate? He’s going to see if he has a used one laying around to help me out. If not I guess I’ll have to deal with Dish after all.

Well instead of calling Dish and wasting most of my day waiting for them to show. I called a local installer whom I’ve become somewhat friends with over the years. He used to install both Dish and Direct. But he quit fooling with Dish a while back because he said they didn’t want to pay on certain things??
Anyway I called him to see if he would just swing by and dial my Dish back in and I would give him some money for his time. He came today while I was at work. He called and said the reason my signal strength isn’t what it should be is because they don’t have the correct dish for my system. He said when I had the Hopper 3 installed they should have changed by Dish also. Does this sound accurate? He’s going to see if he has a used one laying around to help me out. If not I guess I’ll have to deal with Dish after all.
You should have a 1000.2 dish equipped with a hybrid LNB set or, if you havre a 42 switch, a DDP+ LNB....

View attachment 132514
IMG_1093.JPG

Don’t judge I know it’s nasty. But I have no idea what I have. Can you tell by these photos?

WOW! How does that 'tech' sleep at night?!? It's even missing a screw in the LNBF.

That is a good question. But when I moved into this house in 2004 Dish forced me to go with Viasat. What a bunch of incompetent boobs! The 3rd tech was actually a subcontractor who got paid more. But he told me the first two employees get paid $25 per installation. I had my jaw on the floor when I heard that.

That is a good question. But when I moved into this house in 2004 Dish forced me to go with Viasat. What a bunch of incompetent boobs! The 3rd tech was actually a subcontractor who got paid more. But he told me the first two employees get paid $25 per installation. I had my jaw on the floor when I heard that.

Definitely over worked and under paid. I especially feel bad for the Dish and RSP 'techs' now that they also have to be salespeople as well as meet a bunch of ridiculous metrics.

Another good reason to go with a local retailer, if you have a good one. :)

Definitely over worked and under paid. I especially feel bad for the Dish and RSP 'techs' now that they also have to be salespeople as well as meet a bunch of ridiculous metrics.

Another good reason to go with a local retailer, if you have a good one. :)

I really wish the local guy that I had come by today still dealt with Dish. He’s a really nice guy and he’s always been very honest and reliable. He would always give a specific time on when he would arrive. And if he was running behind he would always call and keep me informed on when he should be here.
When I deal with dish I basically have to take a half day off from work. It seems when they say between 8-12 they normally get here at 1:30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)