What did dish offer for you to stay after 2 years?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
My contract is up in another year. I'm happy with the hopper and service. What has dish offered you to re up another 2 years? I hope I don't get offered free movie channels or a measly 5 bucks. As much as I like the hopper, if they offer those ill consider leaving. I don't expect 30 bucks off, however after I had cancelled dtv the lady offered me new customer pricing.

What will happen is yes you will probably get stuff in the mail as as down the road you will be a new customer after you cancel, I am not sure what they will offer, call and discuss, maybe some programming credits. You mentioned you like the service.

I just called yesterday to setup a cancellation date and i was offered 20 bucks off per month for 12 months and a free hopper system. i took the discounts. but, turned down the hopper because i didn't want the commitment and i'm happy with my current equipment.

My contract is up in another year. I'm happy with the hopper and service. What has dish offered you to re up another 2 years? I hope I don't get offered free movie channels or a measly 5 bucks. As much as I like the hopper, if they offer those ill consider leaving. I don't expect 30 bucks off, however after I had cancelled dtv the lady offered me new customer pricing.

If you are happy with the price and equipment, you have no need to get another contract. Then you can leave whenever you want.

Up in a year, and you are asking what they'll give in a year?

Please switch. That way Dish subscribers who pay their bills and enjoy their service won't have to provide you with any free stuff. Why wait that year. Maybe you should switch Now!

When my contract was up I think I got offered $5 or $10 credit for 6 months or premium channel free for a year.

Up in a year? WTF?

Geez. Here is a tidbit for ya, I went in today to cancel Max since Banshee is done, they gave it to me for 6 months at 50% off. I took it.

They offered nothing while i was still a customer, then they started calling and sending me stuff after I had already left and it was too late.

They offered nothing while i was still a customer, then they started calling and sending me stuff after I had already left and it was too late.

Working on the retail side of things I see this all the time. It is typical for dish to wait till you're gone & with another provider before offering anything significant.

I don't blame folks for looking into getting a better price. TV is expensive & the only deals are for new customers. If that means switching providers every 2 yrs to save money it's no fault of the consumer for trying with their current provider or a new 1 to get a cheaper bill.

Eight years ago when my two-year commitment expired the only thing I was offered to remain with Dish, was a far better quality and less expensive viewing experience than my then current cable company could offer. All that was asked of me was to enjoy their superior equipment, programming and to pay my bill on time, which I gladly have done for the past ten years.

My loyalty has been rewarded with NEVER having paid a dime for any replacement equipment (twice) , which is purchased, or a tech visit (twice) even though I do not carry their protection plan. In addition, all but one issue was resolved quickly by a phone call or contacting a DIRT member. Furthermore, on occasion, Dish will send gift cards for PPV movies, which I have never used, as I have no interest in PPV movies.

I will admit that I ONCE did look at DirecTV to see what, if any, cost savings would be, but found there would not be any, even with the Direct promo and would skyrocket once the two-year commitment was over. In fact, my Dish bill was still less even with the DirecTV new customer promo in place. In addition, scanning the DirecTV forums displayed just as many concerns, problems and malcontents as here.

Your way of thinking is systematic to the problems of this country; of course, that is only my opinion.

Eight years ago when my two-year commitment expired the only thing I was offered to remain with Dish, was a far better quality and less expensive viewing experience than my then current cable company could offer.

I can appreciate your point of view & opinion. However we are all different & it is my opinion that dish used to stand out among the other providers. Not so much now, while service is still good the price is high & if a person doesn't go out of bounds with custom fees for extra equipment or a non standard install switching back & forth is the only way to save money imo. Btw 2 yr contracts did not start until early 2008, prior to that they were 18 months.

I will admit that I ONCE did look at DirecTV to see what, if any, cost savings would be, but found there would not be any, even with the Direct promo and would skyrocket once the two-year commitment was over. In fact, my Dish bill was still less even with the DirecTV new customer promo in place. In addition, scanning the DirecTV forums displayed just as many concerns, problems and malcontents as here.

Your way of thinking is systematic to the problems of this country; of course, that is only my opinion.

Yeah, i went from fios to dish, then back to fios with no contract. I did start looking at direct tv as well because of the free Sunday ticket promo, but even though fios has high equipment fees compared to d, we would have saved no money when you took into account the high up front costs of the dvrs and boxes, which fios gives you how ever many you want for free. The whole lease thing with satellite i feel makes a lot of people stay away.

Please switch. That way Dish subscribers who pay their bills and enjoy their service won't have to provide you with any free stuff. Why wait that year. Maybe you should switch Now!

I was simply asking what people were offered after their contract is up to stay. Dish is the one who decides if and when they hand out freebies. Dish subscribers aren't providing any freebies to other customers. If that was the case then dish would increase the costs every year. I'm not switching now because my termination fee is just under 200 bucks. I won't be switching unless at the end of the 2 years if its not a good offer. I'm not calling dish every month begging for handouts but after the full 2 years hopefully they'll offer something. I still wish they bundled with AT&T or any other provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)