What dish comes with HD promotion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
This Saturday I will be getting our new Dish Network HD /Top 200 package installed along with a VIP722 HD DRV receiver. Would I get a dish 500, dish 1000 or even 2 dishes as I have heard? I wouldn't mind having 2 dishes if they are necessary to receive the HD programming.

You live in the Pittsburgh market, which means you will get a Dish 1000+ if you subscribe to locals via dish. If you don't you will get a 1000.2 dish.

You will get a 1000+ dish which picks up 4 satellites(110, 118.75, 119 and 129). It will look like this.

DISH1000Plus.jpg

Thank you guys!

Will I also receive a Dish Network DPP-44 4X4 switch? I am only getting the VIP722 HD DVR receiver installed for now.

Attachments

• DPP44_zoom.gif
    DPP44_zoom.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 151
I will try to convince the installer to install this switch inside like I saw within another thread. This will also protect it from the weather.

I will try to convince the installer to install this switch inside like I saw within another thread. This will also protect it from the weather.
the DPP 44 is an all weather device. If you prefer, it can be installed inside your home provided you have a minimum of four runs of coax into the house that terminate in a panel or central location.Of course these runs must then break out to feed the outlets in your home.

I just got off the phone with E* about rescheduling my installation. While I was on the phone she told me that I would receive a dish 500 along with a D1000 plus kit. I told her that I wanted to be sure I received a dish 1000 plus instead and she said I would need to talk that over with the technician when he cames. By then it's too late.

Do I have any say in what equipment I receive? After all, I am the customer and will be paying the monthly fees.

A dish 500 and 1000+. Stupid ass CSR's.

If you get a 1000+ you only need one dish and since your HD Locals are on 118 thats what you will get.

I just got off the phone with E* about rescheduling my installation. While I was on the phone she told me that I would receive a dish 500 along with a D1000 plus kit. I told her that I wanted to be sure I received a dish 1000 plus instead and she said I would need to talk that over with the technician when he cames. By then it's too late.

Do I have any say in what equipment I receive? After all, I am the customer and will be paying the monthly fees.
the tech should precall the job before he leaves his office. We are required to do so. Upon precall I cover the work order to see if there are any changes or corrections. You may discuss with the tech at that time..If the tech arrives with the incorrect EQ, DO NOT allow him to do the work.
Some techs will try to convince the customer to allow the work as listed. They will tell the customer to just call in and get the proper EQ. This can result in delays and may end up costing the customer additional fees.
No, you do not have a choice of Equipement. However the proper EQ will be installed to receive the subscribed programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts