what do I get; what do I pay?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goheelz

Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Cincinnati
I've had D* for a long time (>8 years) and I get the Sunday ticket (3 recievers-2 0f them DVRs). The last time I looked at the HD package, it was very weak. It looks like now I can get locals, plus more than ESPNHD and HDNET for $10/month. I've seen lots of posts on the new channels and leasing. I've not found a clear explanation of D* current business model (OK I did not spend hours searching either). Of course their site does not even list HD channels are available very well. My questions are:

1. Does the new HD line up have tiers? What are the prices?
2. If I get a new dish and recievers, is the "lease" fee in addition to the $4.99/mon for additional receivers in house?
3. Can I diplex my antenna with the HD cables

I've seen plenty that tells me to be ready to make multiple calls to get upgrades.

Thanks for any advice

I'm sure someone will help but in the meantime try their website, If you purchase a package in SD you get all of the Equivalent HD channels. So the packages have not changed. There is a $9.99 HD access fee to get any HD.

as far as ST goes, you need super fan to get ST in HD. lease fee replaces the additional reciever fee. no diplexers on HD cables.

I've had D* for a long time (>8 years) and I get the Sunday ticket (3 recievers-2 0f them DVRs). The last time I looked at the HD package, it was very weak. It looks like now I can get locals, plus more than ESPNHD and HDNET for $10/month. I've seen lots of posts on the new channels and leasing. I've not found a clear explanation of D* current business model (OK I did not spend hours searching either). Of course their site does not even list HD channels are available very well. My questions are:

1. Does the new HD line up have tiers? What are the prices?
2. If I get a new dish and recievers, is the "lease" fee in addition to the $4.99/mon for additional receivers in house?
3. Can I diplex my antenna with the HD cables

I've seen plenty that tells me to be ready to make multiple calls to get upgrades.

Thanks for any advice

Lets see what I can answer...
#1 Right now you get the original HD (HDnet, DiscHD Theater, etc.) and then for the new channels you get the HD version if you sub to the SD version. In December, the originals (the ones that don't have SD channels) will go on their own tier for an extra $4.99
#2 Not 100% sure on that
#3 With the new dish for HD and the b-band converters that are used you can no longer use a diplexor, you'll need a seperate cable for the antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)