What do I have and What do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryed10

Original poster
May 28, 2010
TX
I am a new user. Our DirecTV was installed back in May. The installer took off the LNB that had four wires and replaced it with only one wire. I got two receivers with the deal, an HR24-500 and an HR24-100. The system work fine.

How my problem: I have an RV and I want to buy a extra dish and LNB to mount on a tripod so I can use one of the recrivers with we take a trip. When I look on Graig's List or ebay, what am I looking for? I am not finding any LNBs that have only one wire.

The dish and tripod are easy to come by. I do not anticipate having any problem aiming the dish.

There is some indication that the HR24-500 will work with an older LNB5, but I do not know where to hook in the power supply.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

The older 5LNB setup, with four outputs, doesn't require a power supply. You will need to change the sat setup when you move the receiver for use with the older dish. And, you will need the BBCs.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)