What do I need to tailgate with DISH in HD?

Coop1979

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Hi guys, I'm new and about to have DISH installed for the first time in my house soon. I am planning on getting a 722 for my living room and a 211 for my bedroom. My plan is to also use the 211 for tailgating, but I'm not sure what type of additional dish and lnb I'll need in order to view HD in the great outdoors.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Depends where you are. If you're in the Southeastern or Northeastern US (or intend to tailgate there :)), you would probably need 2 dishes (one for 61.5 HD and one for 110/119). If you're in the rest of the US, you may be able to get away with a Dish 1000+ or 1000.2 on a tripod.

You should probably have a compass to get a vague idea of where you're aiming for, and some 7/16 wrenches to help you align the thing.

Any ideas on the best way to get ahold of those dishes? I'm in the Southeast.

Currently we use SD DirecTV on a tri-pod.

To keep it simple, if you are tailgating, you are probably interested in the game, not channel surfing, right?

There would be no reason to use multiple dishes at a tailgate party unless you want the complete channel line up throughout the game. If the game is the issue, find out the satellite that is broadcasting your game and align accordingly.

You will either use a dish to get 110 & 119, or you will use a dish to get 61.5. A single Dish 500 should suffice. Finding which bird to aim at requires a little detective work on your part, as I don't know what channel or broadcasts that you're looking for...

Check here:

Super Signal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts