What do I need to upgrade my Dish Network install for HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Hi all I was wondering if you guys can tell me what I need to upgrade my current Dish Network installation to support HD reception?

My current installation is:

Dish 500 with legacy LNB's on it (current install is about 7 yrs old)
Dish 300 aimed at 61.5 with legacy LNB
SW64 switch
3 reciever setup
Dish 501 reciever
Model 4000 rec.
Model 3900 rec.

I do want 1 HD DVR and 2 standard HD recievers.

I know Dish is offering upgrade deals but I was wondering what out of my install would be upgraded.

Thanks
Bob
N1WBD

Could one of the moderators move this thread to the Dish tech forum I posted this here by mistake.
Thanks
Bob N1WBD

Depending on where your at you need 61.5 or 129 Satellite, you should be able to hook up a HD receiver and get HD channels. With most Dish It Up deals they come out install and upgrade the system.:D

everything you have now would work with the new HD DVR and recievers, just run two lines to the 622 and one line to the other boxes and u would be set,

or you could remove the legacy stuff. put a DPP on the 500 and a DP on the 61.5. then have it go into a DPP44 switch run online 1 line to all your boxes (this cost a lot more)

another option would be to buy a dish 1000.2 dish (if u could even get a good signal with 129) and run one cable to each box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)