Pittsburgh HD Customers...Poor Locals?

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
I was wondering if any other Pittsburgh HD customers are experiencing poor quality with their HD Locals? I am having a lot of stuttering effects, mainly on WTAE HD. The audio will start to cut in and out first usually followed by digital artifacts in the picture. At times, the picture will even distort and freeze for minutes on end while the sound will continue (but stutter)

Even last night on KDKA, the Steeler game's PQ seemed to be great, but the sound was terrible. Sounded like it was coming from a tin can.

All the other HD channels come in fine and the local SD channels are OK...what could the problem be?

Our Pittsburgh HD locals have been generally good in terms of image quality but there have been a lot of problems with audio synch, especially on CBS (ch 2). The severity of the problem seems to vary from day to day and from program to program but is often a serious nuisance. For CBS we are fortunate to be able to pick up an off air CBS via antenna from the Johnstown/Altoona (ch 10) area that usually does not have the voice synch problem.

Tom Conelly

Digital KDKA sync problem last night was terrible, during the steeler game I bet there was a 2 secound sync delay. Like watching a Chinese dubbed movie. The rest of the Digital locals seem to be running good.

Pittsburgh equals mountains, big hills, trees, and in the middle of no where for most of the viewers. I'm here in flat delaware and my locals suck, I can just imagine your's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts