What do you think Apple will announce on the 27th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What I'm hearing it is the Slate PC(tablet).

meh, iSlate is actually the color of the new clamshell on this blast from the past! It's that medium gray from the old Mac OS 7.5 default desktop :p The eMate 400 will have cyberdog as it's default browser, after 12 years it's finally ready to go!

OK, in all seriousness... I know they are rumoring the iSlate to be (in oversimplified terms) a 10" iPod Touch... If they make a smaller one (say around 6") I'd be ready to jump on board!

An update about a year ago added 1080p, mine is set up that way. However, there's still no 1080p content.

The hardware is 3 yrs old which is pretty sad. OS is still based on Tiger, if I'm not mistaken. They need to do something soon.

Last evening on CNBC's "Mad Money" Cramer had an Apple tablet being used in the background on a TV monitor, kind of a sneak peak of what it will look like while he pontificated about Apple stock trading strategy this week. The person using it worked it like the screen of an iphone, just much bigger. What I saw was very impressive!

The more I'm reading about these media (book, newspaper, television, et al) content deals... I wonder if in addition to their tablet/slate/pad/whatever that is to be announced; that they don't also announce a sort of iTunes Pass, similar to Microsoft's Zune pass...

Anyone know of where you can watch this live, or better yet satellite cordinates?

I have contacted Apple PR and no one is in the office there yet.

Last edited:
Best I found so far is this link set for auto refresh. You'd think the news networks would have something live. I'm monitoring CNBC as they announced early this morning they would be there.

Scott- I think the isatellite won't be announced this year.

Last edited:
Apple stock is dropping like a rock! Lost $4 a share in a few seconds as the demo of the ipad is underway. Folks get your savings ready to buy in at a discount!

Attachments

• Start of Apple event 1PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 1PM ET.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Start of Apple event 119PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 119PM ET.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Start of Apple event 129PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 129PM ET.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 107
  • Start of Apple event 131PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 131PM ET.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Start of Apple event 142PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 142PM ET.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Watching on CNN, video is behind by like 20 minutes, but its cool anyways. :)

So far its just a big iPhone.

No explaniation of what network it runs on, or how much its costs yet.

yeah, it does look like a supersized iphone, i am a bit disappointed in the design, the proportions do not look right, the border around the screen is too thick, and that little button on the bottom looks like it is the same size as the one on the iphone, which again looks out of proportion. They should have done different things with the design.

Network 802.11N + Leak this morning was Verizon still waiting for specifics

all iphone apps will run unmodified but will use a screen magnifier and SDK will allow dev to write for full screen too. Released now.

iworks is expanded version of iphone app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts