What do you think Apple will announce on the 27th

Guys, I just made apple stock buy me an ipad! :) AT&T is up also but I held on that

Entry price for ipad is $499 and tiered based on features.

Attachments

• Start of Apple event 156PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 156PM ET.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Start of Apple event 158PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 158PM ET.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Start of Apple event 212PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 212PM ET.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Start of Apple event 216PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 216PM ET.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Start of Apple event 219PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 219PM ET.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Start of Apple event 220PM ET.jpg
    Start of Apple event 220PM ET.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 120
It will have accessories and shown was a dock station with hard KB, I suspect for camera we'll have to use the USB clip on.

Hope the president will kill the stock in his speech tonight so I can buy it back tomorrow at a cheap price.

In multitasking the reports said it was extremely fast switching apps and one example was that they ran one app over another on screen so maybe this is the best info on multitasking... ???

Yeah, no mention of Verizon. In a way, I'm kind of happy about that because being a verizon data hog, I 'm afraid of Verizon getting in over their heads until LTE.

Apple strock is now heading higher than what I sold for but I'm pleased . I sold about 1/3 of my stock to raise the cash for this assuming I can buy back in at $200 or less later in the week.

Amazon took a tunble too when the ibooks was announced but it recovered soon after.

Last edited:
Any details what the 802.11n is good for?
Can it see external storage? What video format is supported?

Diogen.

AT&T wireless is still biting their nails on whether the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

I am sure they will know before the actual press conference..

I am sure it will happen but I just don't see them making a CDMA phone to be used for a year or so b4 LTE and if i were a Verizon sub I might want to wait for the 4G model.

As for the 802.11n that is your WiFi. I doubt it can see external devices.. If it could I am sure that would be prominent in the announcement.

I will take a pass on this one. I will keep using my iPhone.

As others will do I suspect.

It looks like this "gadget" is locked up better than anything Apple before...
And a new CPU, i.e. you can't even install Win7 on it...:rolleyes:

Diogen.

I am hoping that they can come up with a magical way to carry that thing around to use as a phone. i don't see it hanging from my belt and I have very few pockets big enough for it. maybe i need the new iBackpack.

The 802.11n is a fast wifi that is good for people like me will likely never connect it to AT&T service. The data plan for this with AT&T is 29.95 per month and no cap. Much less, price for 250 Mb cap. It was unclear from the presentation if you might need an external USB dongle for the AT&T GSM service but the wifi is built in. They pictured one but I'd need to review the presentation again to recall accurately.

Video- with exception of Flash, it does everything that iphone does. They showed it playing some movie download. ( Star Trek ) Someone explain why Apple doesn't do Flash???

Geronimo- I agree with you about Verizon and the 4G version. In the meantime, if someone really wanted Verizon data service with the ipad, just go to Verizon and buy a mifi. It's small and will get you Verizon 3G to the ipad, your iphone, your macbook etc. Today, Verizon gives you this option.

I was hoping for a demo using video skype with a built in front facing camera. Video skype is a great app for ipad, I think.

It looks like this "gadget" is locked up better than anything Apple before...
And a new CPU, i.e. you can't even install Win7 on it...:rolleyes:

Diogen.

1 Ghz CPU was all I saw on that. three memory versions 16Gb, 32 Gb. and 64 Gb.

One announced accessory was a carrying case. This is not a large iphone. It is more like a cross between an ipod touch and a laptop ( macbook) You wouldn't try to make a phone call from your Kindle? They said it syncs with your iphone. I suppose if you wanted to make a phone call you'll need a magic jack for mac or use skype. :)

Forgot to mention that the ipad will be in stores in 60 days.

Last edited:
No USB ports (besides USB docking cable) but there is a USB dongle for uploading photos from your camera. No info if you can use this with apps yet, also a VGA out dongle. 3G models are unlocked and contract free, they can be used with any GSM network like ATT or t-mobile. Does everything an iPod Touch does and more plus has full function word processor, spreadsheet and presentation programs (iWork) for only $9.99 each.

Last edited:
How does it work with T Mobile. right now you can use an IPhone on TMobile but not on their 3G network. If that si the case here would it be worth it to go with TMobile.

Then again this thing is magical. So amybe it can work on tMobile 3G.

I was looking forward to one of these, but after todays announcement, I am not impressed...

Gizmodo made this great graphic which shows how I feel about the iPad.

nothanksipad.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)