What do you think Apple will announce on the 27th

I think if you have an ipod touch or iphone, getting one of these is indeed too much replication. If you have none of the above and were considering a reader or web surfing device with some home network access to video and picture / media files, this is a great alternative to the macbook. I don't see myself using it but I believe my wife would really like it. It would replace the kitchen laptop and she would be able to dump the subscription to the local and Wall street journal she reads every day. Given the cost, I would certainly consider this rather than the Kindle.

I know at least 2 people that are using a tablet ThinkPad to hand-edit PDF files (using PDF Annotator) and not much else.
They were looking forward to this "gadget" replacing the tablet PC.

Anybody knows whether this is doable? Will be?

Diogen.

I think it redefines the computer. Put it in the stand and use a wireless keyboard at a desk or take it with you everywhere. With Wi-Fi plus the $15 or $30 G3 wireless plan it's always connected. It does everything my notebook does but is small enough to go everywhere and big enough to do real work on. It runs iWork plus 155 thousand apps which means it actually does more than my notebook. AR Dishpointer will rock on this.

I'm not understanding the fascination with eReaders and why anyone would want to pay several hundred dollars for one.
Digitization of media (audio and video) taken to the next step - digitizing text.
The biggest difference - digitized text is not entertainment as often as audio/video is. At least in Apple's implementation.

This is the reason I believe the iPad does audio/video, too. Just to fall back to something known in case the new "frontiers" don't pan out...

Diogen.

Last edited:
10" is too big for what it is... if, perhaps, they had a 5" touch or a 7" pad... maybe. But I think I'd rather get my wife his/hers marching 32GB touches than a single 32GB pad...

Looks good.
How do I get the PDF files onto and of the iPad?

The work environment is 100% non-Mac.

Diogen.

- File Sharing. A shared file directory is provided that will mount on your Mac or PC. This is presumably how files such as iWork documents will be transferred to and from the iPad. iPad applications will be able to access this shared directory.

The no multi-tasking is a big deal. That means you couldn't say listen to Pandora while working on an iwork document. :confused:

In the Accessories section of the iPad it says
The Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera. The Camera Connector lets you import your photos and videos to iPad using the camera’s USB cable. Or you can use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from the camera’s SD card.
Apple - iPad - Technical specifications and accessories for iPad.

Maybe it can read any file from an SD card... But it doesn't look it can write to it.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts