What do you think Apple will announce on the 27th

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well it looks like an announcement coming on the 27th...

I see 3 possible:

1. Tablet
2. New iPhone
3. Apple TV

I am hoping for Apple TV...

If they do to AppleTV what they recently did to the MacMini, i.e. better specs at the same price (and remain hackable) - I would be interested. But I don't hold my breath...

Diogen.

Maybe they are finally going to release these puppies.

Attachments

• iBoob.jpg
    iBoob.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Well, the picture of the inventations has an Iphone on it with a splash of paint all over it, Unless this is photo shopped (wich I think it could be)

(minus VZ logo and year)

apple-event.jpg

apple-event_mactablet.jpg

My question is when can I pre order the VZ Iphone?

You could add an ereader to the list. but I still think it is the tablet.

And yes taht picture is photoshopped.

Most sources expect a tablet anouncement. But then again it could be anything, Apple loves to be coy.

If it is anything but the tablet or a Verizon iphone the computer press will rush the stage.

It is IPHONE firmware 4.0 and a stink smelly peek at the next gen IPHONE which will be a tablet computer that makes calls. It is a little larger than the current IPHONE since it will have a 5inch OLED screen.

Apple has to tapper the Google phone excitement.

If Google can do a 3.8" AMOLED screen phone for $500, Apple should be able to do a 5" one for $999 with a healthy margin...

Diogen.

I thought that all the specualtion pointed toa SMALLER iphone not a larger one.

The Wall Street Journal seems pretty confident that it will be a tablet.

With Tablet, Apple Sees New Money in Old Media - WSJ.com

But, they think it might include Apple TV with it too. They speculate it will be a new way to deliver content. Newspapers, magazines and TV through something like iTunes.

Apple has recently been in discussions with book, magazine and newspaper publishers about how they can work together. The company has talked with New York Times Co., Condé Nast Publications Inc. and HarperCollins Publishers and its owner News Corp., which also owns The Wall Street Journal, over content for the tablet, say people familiar with the talks.

New York Times Chairman Arthur Sulzberger declined to comment in an interview Wednesday on its involvement in the new device except to say, "stay tuned."

Apple is also negotiating with television networks such as CBS Corp. and Walt Disney Co., which owns ABC, for a monthly TV subscription service, the Journal has reported. Apple is also working with videogame publisher Electronic Arts Inc. to show off the tablet's game capabilities, according to one person familiar with the matter.

Looks like the tablet is a given. I hope they announce more than the tablet. I'm looking for an AppleTV and a new Macbook Pro.

Expanded itunes store offerings to include video, news, books, and movies. Rumors Apple has been in discussions with many resources for this.

To buy TIVO... I put this in here just in case it happens, I can say I predicted it. :)

last post makes the most business sense. trump the nexus one. i used a nexus one the other night on a wifi router web browsing and the nexus one does not have anything on the iphone at least not yet. I have a blackberry tour 9630 and its not an iphone either. so far i honestly cant find an iphone replacement except possibly a new moto droid. droid is the only thing that can really compete with it imo.

They will probably announce two. With all the android stuff coming out, I would expect to see 5 megapixels on the camera, an updated screen, and higher memory capacities.

The tablet/slate is a given.

I wish they would update Apple TV, to have 1080 output. That is actually a nice device, but it has been pretty disappointing to Apple from a sales perspective. I personally feel that it has a great interface and it could use an update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)