What do you think if Apple tried to buy Dish Network!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes I have. I have a iPad Mini 2. It is a quality tablet and I like it alot, but it is still over priced.
So quality is overpriced? I hate android tablets. They seem more suitable for kids toys rather than business or personal accessories.

Yup. SlingTV is a Dish baby, and SlingMedia is an Echostar. There are quite a few other differences, but none really worth mentioning. Basically, the author is a moron.

Ever own any to make a price to value evaluation?
I have owned multiple platforms, and currently have Windows, OSX, and Android products in my household. (I no longer own any iOS products.)
For the equivalent HW, Apple products always cost more, often substantially more.

And, I personally prefer Windows 7 over any version of OSX, and Android over iOS. (Although, I'm not that crazy over Android 6 "Marshmallow". I liked Lollipop better. ) I only use my MacBook for web surfing in the LR. For real computing activity, I use my Lenovo Windows 7 machine. For BR surfing, I use my Lenovo Android tablet.

I also prefer Roku over AppleTV, after using both. I'm interested in trying FireTV, and possibly Nexus Player, as well.

So quality is overpriced? I hate android tablets. They seem more suitable for kids toys rather than business or personal accessories.
Apple can sell quality without gouging the consumer. An example is Apple charges $100 to add 16GB of memory. 16GB of memory can be purchased for under $10 retail. I'm sure Apple pays a whole lot less.

Do you buy discount knock off cheap brands of EHDs or do you spend a mid to high price point to get the WD or other name brand that has a good history?

Reactions: navychop
If Apple bought Dish they would come out with a new hopper every year and we would all be standing in line at the Apple Store to get one
Have you seen the various threads about the Hopper 3? The interest is very Appley...

Yes I have. I have a iPad Mini 2. It is a quality tablet and I like it alot, but it is still over priced.

But overpriced based on what? I get that they are a bit expensive but it's hard to call something overpriced without an accurate comparison with something or at least knowing the cost to manufacture and sell the product.

Apple can sell quality without gouging the consumer. An example is Apple charges $100 to add 16GB of memory. 16GB of memory can be purchased for under $10 retail. I'm sure Apple pays a whole lot less.
But Apple adds MAGIC!

Actually, I went over to the iPhone as my first smart phone. And got my wife an iPad3. I wanted something that "just works." Kinda similar to why I have Dish and not FTA.

I got my MiL an Android tablet. It validated my choice in Apple products. But for her, it is more than good enough. I'd have smashed it against a brick wall by now.

Reactions: Foxbat
But overpriced based on what? I get that they are a bit expensive but it's hard to call something overpriced without an accurate comparison with something or at least knowing the cost to manufacture and sell the product.
??? There are tons of comparable items available. We don't need to know the cost of manufacture, only the cost of purchase.

Compare the cost of a WD external HDD to an Apple "Time Machine". (Their stupid naming conventions are just the icing on the gravy, for me.)
I'm confused Gary. Apple Time Machine is back up software built in to OSX. I've got that tied to a WD external HDD. Works like a charm for me because it's automatic.....

I'm confused Gary. Apple Time Machine is back up software built in to OSX. I've got that tied to a WD external HDD. Works like a charm for me because it's automatic.....
He's thinking of the Time Capsule which is a combo of AirPort Extreme router with a hard drive built in. I have one of those and my MacBook gets backed up to it automagically and wirelessly by the Time Machine application. And yes it is more expensive than other ways, but like all things Apple it just works. Well worth the extra expense.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)