What do you think if Apple tried to buy Dish Network!?!

Yeah iOS and apple products are far less buggy and more likely to do what you want than android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Other than Marshmallow, I don't find that to be true at all. (KitKat and Lollipop were both better than Marshmallow.)
Plus, Android is far more customizable. And, I'm not locked into the Apple ecosystem. Those last two points being my primary reasons for choosing it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Other than Marshmallow, I don't find that to be true at all. (KitKat and Lollipop were both better than Marshmallow.)
Plus, Android is far more customizable. And, I'm not locked into the Apple ecosystem. Those last two points being my primary reasons for choosing it.
I don't need to customize anything as everything I want I have easily accessible. Android has to be customizable otherwise it would be unusuable. And the ecosystem? I have to disagree. My iOS plays quite nicely with my windows computer, DVR, and many other products.

I don't need to customize anything as everything I want I have easily accessible. Android has to be customizable otherwise it would be unusuable. And the ecosystem? I have to disagree. My iOS plays quite nicely with my windows computer, DVR, and many other products.
You obviously haven't used Android in a while. The plain vanilla version from Google, and the only slightly altered versions found on current Moto and some other brand products, are perfectly usable without customization.
Of course, the bloated versions one finds on Samsung, HTC, and the like, as well as the carrier-specific versions of Android, are totally horrible, out of the box.

Also, don't users still need to use iTunes to use iOS devices with Windows systems? One of the happiest days of my life was when I went from an iPhone to an Android, and was able to uninstall that POS app from my PC. No more "syncing". I could now just copy or move files directly from device to device by dragging and dropping.

I guess we must agree to disagree, as is the case with Apple vs Android every time. I was a die hard android fan for years, and it was not until the iphone5 that I started singing a different tune. The good news, however, is we have options to satisfy each of us.

Reactions: GaryPen
Getting back to the more appropriate area of discussion, which is Apple's business model, not their HW, SW, or OS.
Their business model is keeping their users tied into a closed ecosystem, forcing you to source all of your content through them.
And, that is simply unacceptable to me.
And I don't disagree with it if you are happy. I've been playing with all sorts of tech over the last year as I was pissed at Apple. But in the end, it is the whole widget that Apple provides that made me come back. I love their ecosystem!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Also, don't users still need to use iTunes to use iOS devices with Windows systems? One of the happiest days of my life was when I went from an iPhone to an Android, and was able to uninstall that POS app from my PC. No more "syncing". I could now just copy or move files directly from device to device by dragging and dropping.
You can get by without iTunes pretty easily now with cloud storage, but yeah, for some things it is still nice to have.

I have to say every piece of Windows software made by Apple is a resource hogging, system halting piece of crap. I refuse to load any Apple software on a PC. If I need to, it gets loaded in a VM to keep from contaminating the host.

I'm relatively neutral on Apple vs Android devices themselves. Have both, don't see a big difference either way. Both lack features of the other.

This isn't about Apple Vs Android though.
This is about Apple Vs anyone whom makes anything like Phones, Streaming devices.

Take a $50 Roku
Hands down better then the $50 Apple box that they charge $99 for.

That's the issues.
They try and convince you you're always getting better, when actually you are not always in fact.

We can compare a $1500 apple laptop all day to a $500 Windows computer.
But the tables Turn when you decide to spend $1500 on a Dell or HP.

But no one will do that because it doesn't help their cause.
Apple people don't even realize they always spend money and wait in line for the Next thing to come to market.

How is that practical or even logical in giving a proper analysis when your Computers, Cells phone are never more then 2 years old?

By the way, Intel processors, Are used in HP ,Dell as well.

Take a $50 Roku
Hands down better then the $50 Apple box that they charge $99 for.
Yes, BUT...the Apple box will allow your "Apple devices" to mirror to your TV. I am seriously considering one so I can mirror Dish Anywhere at my FL home. As someone earlier said, worth the money!

Yes, BUT...the Apple box will allow your "Apple devices" to mirror to your TV. I am seriously considering one so I can mirror Dish Anywhere at my FL home.
What apple devices? Phones I pad?
I can do the same thing . And don't need Apple to do it.

Everything Directv does as far as streaming is always Apple First.

Apple watch, Iphones Streaming Boxes.

Everything else is a waiting game device wise.

Everything Directv does as far as streaming is always Apple First.

Apple watch, Iphones Streaming Boxes.

Everything else is a waiting game device wise.
That's not just DTV, that is anything. Apple apps come first atleast for these style apps... Same with banking and dating apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)