What do you think if Apple tried to buy Dish Network!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Then I retract my previous statement, But it sure seems Directv and Apple do a whole lot more together the Dish and Apple.
Either that or Directv is just much louder at it.

You don't understand how making apps works. Apple does nothing except release what they are sent by the people who make the apps. There is no tie there between Apple and the Apps other than that.

But yes DIRECTV is MUCH better are marketing then DISH, they always have and probably always will. :)

Reactions: Tyralak
Does DTV have a transfer app to transfer from DVR to apple device? It has since been expanded to android, but the first two years of its life was Apple only, with Dish.

The Genie Go app allows you to transfer DVR'd content to a phone or tablet as long as you have a Genie Go. I've had one for about three years and it works, but I never use it since A) I don't care to watch video on such a tiny screen and 2) The quality of the transferred content is terrible.

Whoever finds a way to provide network streaming along with recording to a cloud will have the solution that will attract a major number of cable cutters. Apple would only buy Dish if it would help achieve such a solution. Maybe it does since you can watch the networks via dish anywhere. Apple wants to be the TV solution. Buying Dish/Echostar could help them get there.

Getting back to the more appropriate area of discussion, which is Apple's business model, not their HW, SW, or OS.
Their business model is keeping their users tied into a closed ecosystem, forcing you to source all of your content through them.
And, that is simply unacceptable to me.

This does not, however, differ from Dish.

The author's prediction of Apple buying Dish makes no sense at all. It would be far, far, far cheaper for Apple to just pay the media companies what they want right now for their content than it would be to buy Dish, and they would not end up with a business they know very little about with all its excess baggage just to get access to content. Apple does not stray from its core business because it is the ONLY one they really understand and command well, but Apple has given clues as to what type of business they see as their future: driverless automobiles, not MVPD's.

You don't understand how making apps works. Apple does nothing except release what they are sent by the people who make the apps. There is no tie there between Apple and the Apps other than that.

But yes DIRECTV is MUCH better are marketing then DISH, they always have and probably always will. :)
More money (DirecTV) for the best, and highest cost, marketing services.

Other than Marshmallow, I don't find that to be true at all. (KitKat and Lollipop were both better than Marshmallow.)
Plus, Android is far more customizable. And, I'm not locked into the Apple ecosystem. Those last two points being my primary reasons for choosing it.
I don't really care about customizing and with apps I can download on iOS thus I can do all that I want. The only thing both fail at is websites not optimized for tablet/mobile viewing and doesn't have apps (like the back ends of Bandcamp, Haulix, Mad Mimi, etc) but that's work related stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are Apple people and those who are not.
There are cable people and those who are not.
There are Direct Tv people and those who are Dish people.
If Apple bought Dish I would go along for the ride long enough to see how they do, the tv market being what it is I can't see it being more expensive than it would if the current owners ran things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)