What do you think of your team's Stadium?

Love Bryant Denny, and it should be even better after this next expansion.

SouthEndzone.jpg

Basically it will be a mirror of the north endzone
Kinda small, isn't it? ;)

Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge is something else on a Saturday night, but to be honest it's pretty old, leaky, and the restrooms are antiquated. Still love to be there when I can.

The SuperDome is something else to visit as well, just don't go there for a hurricane party.

But PNC park in Pittsburgh and Miller Park in Milwaukee are two of my favorite stadiums in all sports, no matter what their teams do.

PNC Park is the best baseball stadium.

Haven't been to heinz field yet, see EVERY game is sold out and I'm not paying a scalper to watch a game that I can watch on T.V. because EVERY game is sold out.

I can't wait till the new arena is done next year.

28vq63s.jpg

If you wanted to go to Heinz Field you could go to a Pitt game. The scalpers will pay you. Of course then you have to watch a Pitt game. :D

PNC Park is the best baseball stadium.

Haven't been to heinz field yet, see EVERY game is sold out and I'm not paying a scalper to watch a game that I can watch on T.V. because EVERY game is sold out.

I can't wait till the new arena is done next year.

28vq63s.jpg

I need to go to the Igloo before they close it down.

Of course I'm biased, but going to a game at Neyland is a special experience. When they say 'on the banks of the Tennessee River', they really mean 'on the banks'.

655007227_281bdae959.jpg

neyland+2.jpg

I refuse to enter Ford Field for obvious reasons.

That's a shame Paul. Ford Field doesn't have a bad seat in the house. Part of the old Wonder Bread building is a part of the stadium now.

Gives it a nice feeling when you walk around the stadium.

I saw Peyton Manning play here a few years back on a Thanksgiving game.

Comerica Park is a really nice stadium as well. You can see the entire field as you walk around the stadium. So you don't miss a hit, even when heading to the bathroom or to your seat.

Joe Louis Arena (where the Red Wings play) is an old dump, that needs to be replaced. A lot of great memories that place holds, just too old now.

just like Darren McFadden in the 2007 Heisman race, it's not the most hyped up but it's the best ;)

rzwa.jpg

and of course the nicest arena in basketball at any level :p Now if the team would get back to the early/mid 90s level of play

UPJTGIRLFKYLXDS.20081231045736.jpg

Kinda small, isn't it? ;)

Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge is something else on a Saturday night, but to be honest it's pretty old, leaky, and the restrooms are antiquated. Still love to be there when I can.

The SuperDome is something else to visit as well, just don't go there for a hurricane party.

But PNC park in Pittsburgh and Miller Park in Milwaukee are two of my favorite stadiums in all sports, no matter what their teams do.
Haha, yeah, its tiny!

I agree with your assessment of Tiger Field. It is old, in many cases outdated, but there are still very few places that will give you the experience of a night game in Death Valley! I went to one game there and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Haha, yeah, its tiny!

I agree with your assessment of Tiger Field. It is old, in many cases outdated, but there are still very few places that will give you the experience of a night game in Death Valley! I went to one game there and enjoyed the hell out of it.

It's different than most venues, that's for sure.

I've been to Bryant Denny once, in 1980 I think. I believe Bama was ranked #6 and beat an unranked LSU 28-7. Close to the end of the Bear's tenure. Really nice venue and was treated with total class (that's not always the case in Baton Rouge - drunk cajuns can be a handful ;)). I'm sure it's pretty nice now, and will be even better after the addition.

It's different than most venues, that's for sure.

I've been to Bryant Denny once, in 1980 I think. I believe Bama was ranked #6 and beat an unranked LSU 28-7. Close to the end of the Bear's tenure. Really nice venue and was treated with total class (that's not always the case in Baton Rouge - drunk cajuns can be a handful ;)). I'm sure it's pretty nice now, and will be even better after the addition.

Yeah, quite a bit has changed since then.

To be honest, everyone I was with at LSU treated me well. I did see a fight, but it was between two LSU fans, and didnt involve other teams fans. lol

Staples Center is easily the best NBA arena I have been to. When I went to Amway Arena for the first time, after going to Staples for a few years, I was disgusted by it

Too bad you haven't had a baseball team for 30 years.

Well if you are gonna have the balls and put down a team maybe you should get the amount of years correct, maybe, just maybe. It's been 17 years.

BTW........When's the last time the sabers won a Stanelycup? At least the Bills made it to the Superbowl 4 years in a row, the lost all 4 but hey they made it.

CitiField in Queens, New York, is the most unbelievable stadium I have been at. If you get off the famous 7 train, hold up a picture of Ebbets Field to your face, as you lower it it almost is as if you have gone back in time. It is most unique in that aspect. Moving inside you have the Jackie Ropbinson Rotunda which is a fitting tribute and salute to one of the greatest players of all time. Inside the stadium, the views are incredible and yes, there are a few snags with obstructed views that I have heard of. However, I sit in the Caesar's section on the left field side which gives me access to the Caesar's Club; an area where there is a bar a mile long with reasonably priced drinks, waitress/waiter service, a carving station, leather couches to relax and flat screens to watch the pre-game show. Moving back into the stadium, you are as close as possible to being on the filed with the design and the seats are all angled towards home plate (which is a nice touch). The only unfortunate thing right now is a shiny new stadium with an old rusty tarnished team abusing it :( :( :(

See pics below from prior posting I made:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/172375-citi-field-reviews-3.html#post1800334

My teams:

Citi Field - echo above comments, especially when compared to Shea!

Rentschler Field - very nice, very accessible, very NOT ON CAMPUS (argh, but wouldn't be accessible if it were). A little small, but room to grow (believe foundation is in place for an expansion to 55k when needed).

Gampel Pavilion - love it, but too small. Was built when we weren't sure a 10k arena would work for UConn. Typical short-sighted CT BS.

XL Center (Hartford Civic Center) - a morgue. a dump. hate it.

Other area arenas:

MSG - probably in the minority here, but I HATE this place. Don't get me wrong, going to the Big East Tourney there is a great trip, but this place is a dump. That, and one of the architectural gems of NYC (the original Penn Station - look it up!) was torn down to build it. All of the BS about it being the mecca of anything, or even somewhat historic, is crap. It was built in the 60's, for crying out loud! Also, add the scummy ownership, and it's a trifecta of suck. Oh, the Rangers suck, too :)

Giants Stadium - about to be replaced.

New Giants Stadium - should have been in Manhattan, but see comments on scummy MSG ownership, plus multitude of NY politicians on the take. No roof, either, thanks to crooked unions and inflated costs.

Biggest dump in the area, though - easy - Nassau Coliseum, home of the Islanders. Wow, what a pit that place is.

Angel Stadium is a beautiful park. Honda Center is a decent arena. Staples Center sucks in my opinon. It's not the arena so much as trying to get IN the arena. And seriously...downtown L.A.???? Give yourself two hours to get there and another hour waiting outside to get in. Dodger Stadium is showing it's age. It's got that 60's ballpark feel to it, but benches suck to sit on, they don't allow tailgating, it's horrible to ge tin and out of. Angel Stadium is just a nicer, but smaller, stadium.

I do have to add though that Angel Stadium used to suck when it was a hybrid when the Rams were still in town. After the remodeling job, it's a great place to go to. Compared to Dodger Stadium, it's easy to get into and out of and the traffic is always a breeze. Dodger Stadium although with all the traffic and parking problems still holds up well when you finally get to the game for being close to 50 years old.

Staples Center is a nice arena if you're on the bottom level, but when it comes to the nose bleed seats I kind of liked the old Great Western Forum since those seats weren't that higher away from the court.

In terms of the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl, those things should have been demolished years ago.

hancox -

1. see link below; msg is getting a huge renovation inside

2. i was so excite when uconn/nd signed 10 year contract 'cuz living in Glastonbury, i could now see nd every other year . . . oh wait, nd athletics said they will noit play at rentschler due to its size and uconn must provide a larger and better facility . . . funny as hell!

3. my love for the giants is quickly fading; i know at least 50 people (a drop in the bucket) who have had tickets for 30+ years and cannot afford the move, so they will lose out . . . another sad chapter int he history of sports and big business!

Madison Square Garden Renovation