What do you use with your tv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What do you use with your tv?

• No TV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antenna

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Basic Cable

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Basic Pizza Pan

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Loaded Cable

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Loaded Pizza Pan

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • FTA Satellite

Votes: 66 90.4%
  • 4DTV

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Internet Streaming

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Other

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
We have (loaded)cable and internet from comcast.Two fta systems one C band and the other ku.I do fiddle around with internet streaming at times.Would like to get rid of the cable tv but wife needs to be sold on this.

Since it seems that the poll allows for multiple options to be checked, I checked all that apply... Antenna, FTA, basic cable (needed for my high speed internet connection), internet streaming (via my Blu-Ray player), and other (a myriad of connected sources including VTRs, optical disc players, and digital media players).

Likewise, I checked all options that apply. I'm at the end of a pole run so no cable left for high speed i-net. V-zon FIOS won't be here in my lifetime.:(
Then again, look at the money I save.;)

In addition to what was applicable above, other for me is a Compaq computer hooked up through the VGA port on the TV with audio to the receiver and controlled using a Gyration Air Mouse and keyboard. Good supplement to Netflix being able to surf to view streaming sources and use Tversity. That is when the ATT DSL works.

I have a small HTPC hooked up via HDMI that I use Boxee with for internet streaming as well as playing my DVD collection off of a media server. Coupled with FTA and OTA, I do pretty well.

Three analog channels antenna and FTA for me. Internet and computer too slow for streaming, but I do occationally download programs from a website and the play them on the computer screen (way too fuzzy and small), but a 30 minute program takes at least 75 minutes to download.

Sometimes I can get 3 channels of PBS (OPB) on the digital antenna, but not all the time. We fell over the digital cliff and it is hard to climb back up!

How do you get shaws direct?Isnt that a canadian provider?

**sigh** yes it is. But as long as you have access to a Canadian address (or a program broker) you can get it. Lots of folks in the states have it (and Bell ExpressVU)

Have it for CBC & TSN (hockey) :)

Uverse and antenna. Uverse is all channel (450) which includes all premiums, + HD. Also add $5 for exclusively HD channels (ESPN3D, MGM, NFL Redzone, HDNEt, etc) The premium HDs include 10 HBOs and a gazillion, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax.:D

What is the difference between "basic satellite" and "loaded satellite"?

Basic cable and loaded I can understand...basic to me is the "lifeline" service cable offers that is usually your locals and a few shopping channels

But what constitutes basic satellite?

What is the difference between "basic satellite" and "loaded satellite"?

Basic cable and loaded I can understand...basic to me is the "lifeline" service cable offers that is usually your locals and a few shopping channels

But what constitutes basic satellite?

I have to plead ignorance on this one Iceberg.We never had one of the satellite providers!just cable.I guessed that satellite providers had low end and high end packages like cable does.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)