What do you watch besides sports?

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Just curious....I'm sure many of you, like me, spend more time watching sports than anything else. But, when you're not watching sports, what do you guys tune into?

My can't miss shows are: Friday night lights, Lost, Damages, and Big Love.

Too many shows to name. That's why I have a 1TB drive hooked up to my Directv DVR. :D

Just curious....I'm sure many of you, like me, spend more time watching sports than anything else. But, when you're not watching sports, what do you guys tune into?

I'm a pretty big Movie Buff, but when I'm not watching flicks in the HT or sports, some of my favorites on TV are:

Friday Night Lights
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rock of Love
Most shows on Food Network: (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Boy Meets Grill, Throwdown, Dinner Impossibe, Iron Chef, Giada, etc).

I'm a pretty big Movie Buff, but when I'm not watching flicks in the HT or sports, some of my favorites on TV are:

Friday Night Lights
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rock of Love
Most shows on Food Network: (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Boy Meets Grill, Throwdown, Dinner Impossibe, Iron Chef, Giada, etc).

I forgot about Curb your Enthusiasm....thats another one I don't miss. I hope they're planning a new season.

Great question. In no particular order...

Lost
American Idol
Dexter
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Entourage
America's Funniest Videos
Saturday Night Live
The Big Bang Theory
Masterpiece Theatre
The Shield
30 Rock
Californication
Wipeout
Little People Big World
Wizards of Waverly Place
At The Movies
Inside the NFL

The only ones I try to watch the night they're actually on are Lost and American Idol. Don't want to hear any spoilers. The rest are all on my DVR for slow sports nights (or no boyfriend nights!).

I always record the entire season of 24, and wait until it's over to hear the buzz. If the buzz is good, I watch it in the Summer.

Sandra

Actually, I would say I see more network TV than sports.

LOST
BOTH Law And Order AND Law And Order: Special Victims Unit
Brothers and Sisters

Diners, Dives and Dine inn's
Other Food Network programming
Unwrapped
Big Bang Theory (Just started watching it, pretty funny show)
Various shows on HGTV
The Office
Life
Man VS Food...Man I wish travel channel was in HD, as SD just does not give this show justice

I like HBO. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, and Big Love are all great shows. I watch a lot of news too when there's no sports on. My newest guilty pleasure is Sober House on VH1. It's a spin off from Celebrity Rehab. Nothing like seeing washed up rockers and actors try to get clean. It's a total train wreck and I love it. :D

Not in any particular order:

Nip/Tuck
Big Love
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords
Weeds
The Wire
The Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Ghost Hunters
Dangerous Catch
The Office
Rescue Me
Survivor
The Riches
American Experience
Nature
Nova
South Park
John & Kate Plus 8
American Chopper
Myth Busters
Good Movies...

I'm sure I left some things out. Thank goodness for DVRs! :)

Friday Night Lights
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rock of Love

I'd like to add The Office. I don't know how I forgot that one.

Man I wish travel channel was in HD, as SD just does not give this show justice.

It is in HD on DISH and several other providers. Call yours and request it!!!:hungry:

Since I have worked at various TV stations for over 30 years, I try not to watch much other than news and sports or I feel like I'm working.

Having said that, I do like to watch movies on the pay channels, because watching a movie on one of the commercial nets drives me nuts with the commercials and the editing.

I also enjoy House and Prison Break!!!...:cool:

Too many to list, I have two DVRs in my living room, so in case a sports program goes over another show I record, I move it to my DTIVO.

Plus I have another DVR in my bedroom for my wife's shows, and one in my daughter's room for her shows.

Too many to list, I have two DVRs in my living room, so in case a sports program goes over another show I record, I move it to my DTIVO.

Plus I have another DVR in my bedroom for my wife's shows, and one in my daughter's room for her shows.

My God! I'd hate to see your satellite bill!

2 HD DVR's, HR22, HR21, R15, HBO, Starz, and Showtime, total plus pack, and HD expansion. Monthly bill $110-125, depending on PPV. I record all my primetime shows on the two HD DVR's so I can watch them uninterrupted. Quite a logjam on Wednesday nights. Both HD DVR's recording two shows during most of primetime.

2 HD DVR's, HR22, HR21, R15, HBO, Starz, and Showtime, total plus pack, and HD expansion. Monthly bill $110-125, depending on PPV. I record all my primetime shows on the two HD DVR's so I can watch them uninterrupted. Quite a logjam on Wednesday nights. Both HD DVR's recording two shows during most of primetime.

Yeah, Before I take my daughter to the bus stop after I get home from work, I watch Around the horn and PTI. I just got done watching Law & Order, CSI NY, and Criminal Minds. I'm watching Gary Unmarried and Old Christean when I shut down the computer, plus I have a Pittsburgh sports show, Family Guy and Enterprise to watch. Plus I have reruns of Bones in the bedroom to watch.

Lost
Bones
House
Criminal Minds
Psych
Numb3rs
The Unit

Big Bang Theroy
How I met your mother....
2 1/2 Men
Gary unmarried

Life on Mars, when it comes back next week.

Unfortunatly, no more The Shield :river

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)