What does "Analog Type" means in the HDTV setup?

It is for setting the output type of the agile modulator, whether you match it to OTA channel frequencies or to cable frequencies and the various types of cable that you might receive.

The 622's tuner can only recognise ATSC signals, no analog OTA, no ntsc cable, not QAM cable. The epg is solely through the satellite download, nothing OTA but to locate channels at setup.

I'm pretty sure there's a different screen somewhere for setting the output. This is labeled input. Yes, I know the 622 only recognizes ATSC, that's not my point. My point is that either Dish planned to do something different, or someone screwed up royally, or both. Remember, the connector itself is labeled "antenna/cable in"!

I don't know why Dish has such issues. As the sole supplier of equipment for using their service, they should have tighter control over the manufacturing, programming, and documentation of it. But this sort of nonsense seems to be endemic. Remember, this is the company that told people that broken HDMI jacks were a software issue!

The OP, or very early on, used the term "off air", I see. That's what I meant.... More importantly, and I'm repeating this, the default setting is the safest choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)