What Equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hawker152

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Kansas
So I've been a dish guy for a while so forgive me here. I've been looking at getting D*. I've got six HD sets. I def want the HR34. Then five other HD boxes. What kind of a switch will I get? I know that swm is limited to 8 tuners. So does this mean my LNB will have four cables running from it to some sort of a switch? Also. With the hr34 and 5 other he boxes that equals 10 tunerS. Is that true or am I limited to the 5 streams from the hr34. Thanks for the answers!

Given current technology you would get a SWM-16 install. That is the one that has a separate box typically put under the eaves. In all likelihood the installer will run one line to your HR34 and another output to a splitter for the 5 HD receivers (which will likely be H25s - but there are no guarantees). Each receiver is standalone. The only time they look at your HR 34 is for Whole Home DVR service. For VOD service the only receiver that can do that is a DVR. So you will have to go through the HR34 for that. I am not sure how many receivers the HR34 can serve. Just so you know, MRV does not use the tuners. The feed is handled by a network setup on your coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)