What features do you want?

.Andy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Los Angeles CA 6
Seeing how Dish reads this forum I think it would be interesting to discuss features we want as satellite nerds.

For me:

#1 Give me Amazon instant video (so I can get rid of Roku
#2 Expand AutoHop to other stations.
#3 Make VEVO available for Joey's

How about restoring the option to set ones time preference for when the Hopper shuts down to check for updates. This was a convenient feature in the VIP boxes but lacking in the Hopper.

Seeing how Dish reads this forum I think it would be interesting to discuss features we want as satellite nerds.

For me:

#1 Give me Amazon instant video (so I can get rid of Roku
#2 Expand AutoHop to other stations.
#3 Make VEVO available for Joey's

I would NOT want to see AutoHop expanded. Remember people are being paid to enter the skip points manually so expanding AutoHop would add cost to everyone's service whether they used the feature or not. In fact, I'd like to see AutoHop a separate feature you could enable for $$$ and be a savings to the rest of us. I use AutoHop occasionally but I've gotten so used to hitting skip 8-10 times (as required) to skip breaks that it's hardly a necessary feature for me.

As others have said, my biggest wish is for Hopper to simply work properly with all the features Dish has promised.

One thing I would like to see is an expansion of the DVR storage that does not require manual transfers. External storage should simply become an extension to the internal drive and available to DishAnywhere. You should not need to switch between internal and external storage to brows available recordings. If this all works properly, how large the external storage is becomes insignificant since if you want more storage, you simply add more external drives. Storage redundancy is also an important issue. If the receiver or internal drive dies, you should not loose programming. Redundant external drives that mirror what's on other drives (including the internal) would virtually eliminate loss of content on a crash. While not supported, a Raid 1 (mirrored storage) external enclosure works perfectly on Dish receivers. That's sufficient except for the internal which also needs redundancy unless there is a way to instruct the receiver to immediately move recordings to external storage when the recording is finished (or allow recording directly to the external).

Interesting I would of programed it to average where everyone else is skipping and then have it autoskip the next day based on those points. Or I would even volunteer for an hr of week of watching shows and marking.

bring back the ability to prevent switching to the SD channel when they are locked and hidden if the signal is lost.

Reactions: TheLip
A good reason to get the H3. I am so glad i'm done with that.....
So, the H3 allows you some flexibility to set the shutdown time for updates? I didn't know that. I assume that's done with the programming, so it would appear this flexibility is built into that carbon UI. Am I correct?

So, the H3 allows you some flexibility to set the shutdown time for updates? I didn't know that. I assume that's done with the programming, so it would appear this flexibility is built into that carbon UI. Am I correct?
The reboot only happens when Dish sends out a new firmware (and it only checks for new firmware when all units are in standby and no recording are happening). The guide download time can not be set but it only happens when all units are in standby mode and no recordings.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Before adding any more features, they need to fix the features they have now. The H3 is so buggy, you never know what to expect. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm seriously thinking of going back to the HWS. It was a lot more reliable, and I never had a problem with a shortage of tuners, so I liked it a lot more.

Reactions: TheLip and xfoneguy
1) Sports Bar mode or at least PIP on 4K Joey
2) MLB.TV app
3) No more "Off Air" in guide on late night TV that will not let recordings record on Jimmy Kimmel, etc.
4) An OTA tuner module that actually works so that I can get more than one channel when my TV gets every local station
5) A way for bluetooth signal to go a further distance
6) The inclusion of sports channels like YES, SNY and MSG to All Sports Package
After you've scanned, did you try to uncheck those channels you don't want while still in the Scan screen, and then save?
DOES NOT WORK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts