What FTA Channel is your Favorite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I really wish I could get those PBS channels on AMC 3. Dang thing is, I CAN'T get that satellite>>:mad:
I lve in north Mississippi. Am I out of the footprint of that satellite?
I can get G11, T5, T6, and G3 in the eastern orbit belt.
What do yall think?
Thanks!

How is your line of sight east of G11 , any trees , buildings, or other obstructions ?

Honestly this is not a problem satellite, unless the above applies to you, footprint is big and signal is pretty strong.

On a nice day , work with your dish a little, find and store an active frequency from Lyngsat list, and tweak till you find success.

Just found one of your posts, You have a SG2100 moving your 1 meter dish, Nice ! , do you use Usals or Disecq 1.2 to move your dish, I like USALS and occasionally use 1.2 to tweak a signal.

Last edited:
How is your line of sight east of G11 , any trees , buildings, or other obstructions ?

Honestly this is not a problem satellite, unless the above applies to you, footprint is big and signal is pretty strong.

On a nice day , work with your dish a little, find and store an active frequency from Lyngsat list, and tweak till you find success.

Just found one of your posts, You have a SG2100 moving your 1 meter dish, Nice ! , do you use Usals or Disecq 1.2 to move your dish, I like USALS and occasionally use 1.2 to tweak a signal.

Well, my mobile home is roughly 20 to 25 feet from my dish. Maybe you're right. Soon when I move into my house, the new site will have a much better view for the dish. I hope then to get the AMC 3 satellite. So far all other satellites are getting great quality signal strengths.
Thanks for your comment about my setup! I have been using mostly the Disecq 1.2 to move the dish.

My favorite FTA channel?

NASA....of course! on EchoStar7.

I Really like this Radio Station. RADIO FRANCE INT.

RFI 1 Radio France International on Hispasat 30.0 West.

Don't Know French , but I do know Sting when I hear him, they play Popular Music , really upbeat , mostly French from what I've listened to, I've been playing it on my surround sound and It sounds awesome.

RTN on G10R is my favorite

Not to sound like an old fart, but I like watching the Matlock re-runs. I also like all the other stuff I used to watch (BW TV - rabbit ears) when I was growing-up.

Al Jazeera English news channel on IA5 (97W) is getting popular. We are getting some calls about it. It seems popular (being in English) amongst all who view IA5.

My top favourites are:

VTV4
CCTV4, 9, E&F
ETTV, MacTV, etc(most Chinese channels sans the religious ones)
KISB (whatever games shows, music, variety shows on)

Any channel with hot hispanic chicks ........

RTN channels of course
NASA
the awesome "Rural" network on G9 (C-band) (Also X4 - 4dtv)
PCN - PCN Tours (like "Made in America" or "How's It Made"
W3 - PBS, Patient Ch

Too many to list lol, with a "full view" system there are just so many FTA channels available......

i dont have fta, dont really know what it is......sorry. is there a site i can go to that shows all that can be seen?? im from st louis if that means anything. ty

jctv first
fashion tv - close second - darn wind and ice storms screwed things up!
I'll wait until it goes over twenty degrees to elevate bigger :hungry: dish slightly.
to Dan the man - lyngsat has channels and Titan tv has programming but you're asking about the whole hobby there...

Last edited:
Being from Ohio we watch ONN a lot
On the C-Band Side, The Outdoor Channel and of course "The Tube" Music videos

one thing that is not listed on that is feeds. Feeds are broadcasts that come and go. They may be there for 10 minutes (news feeds) or a couple hours (sports feeds). I have FTA mainly for the feeds. Being a college hockey fan, I like to see as many games as I can. FTA allows me to see games that I could never see (because they may be on a local broadcast or a cable only sports type network). Some nights (Fri-Sat) I may get one game or I may get 6. And nothing says fun like starting at 6:00 Central time to watch a East coast game, around 7 or 7:30 catch a WCHA game from North Dakota or Minnesota, maybe get a game around 8:30 from Denver and top it off late night games from Anchorage or Fairbanks

Saturdays during CFB or CBB season, you can start at 11:00 and go until really late night if Hawaii has their game beamed back to the mainland.

that would be cool, do you know these feeds are on, is there a way to find out, or is it like pulling a rabbit out of your hat? btw, do u sing the fight songs while you are watching!LOL

that would be cool, do you know these feeds are on, is there a way to find out, or is it like pulling a rabbit out of your hat? btw, do u sing the fight songs while you are watching!LOL

no I do not sing the fight songs :)

But as to finding the feeds, some teams publish the coordinates on their website (for alumni to watch the game) but alot of them is just trial and error and taking notes.

Some stations use the same satellite for all games so that's kinda easy (some even use the same coordinates). But mainly I scan 5 or 6 satellites to see what's up there :)

With FTA, we take what we get. If you are looking to see all of X teams game unless you know they're on TV (see the above about the alumni) you may be out of luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.