What happen to CH 364 VLCTY

etzelb

Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Georgia
What is going on with CH 364 VLCTY. It is missing from the guide and I have done a search and found no info on the dish website.

If memory serves me right, Velocity (once HD Theater) was moved to the Platinum package around the time of HD Free for Life. Before being moved there, I believe that both HD Theater and Palladia were part of America's Top 120 with the $10 HD add-on or the $10 HD & Platinum add-on. Anyway, check out the TEST channel on channel 5710 (just without the EPG data you would want). :) Should also be in the Welcome Pack. Let's just keep this our little "secret." LOL

It makes perfect dish sense A channel that has no movies should be in the movie pack and keep you customers well informed of the change with the notice after the change.
the service gets better every day.:D

It has been in the $10 add-on for some time now (not that I am saying that I agree with it or take up for Dish) but when it was part of the HD Platinum add-on. However, the HD Platinum add-on recently had a name change to Blockbuster Movie Pass. To be honest, the name of the $10 add-on has changed quite a number of times. I believe that the Dish America packs still include Velocity and Palladia.

If memory serves me right, Velocity (once HD Theater) was moved to the Platinum package around the time of HD Free for Life. Before being moved there, I believe that both HD Theater and Palladia were part of America's Top 120 with the $10 HD add-on or the $10 HD & Platinum add-on. Anyway, check out the TEST channel on channel 5710 (just without the EPG data you would want). :) Should also be in the Welcome Pack. Let's just keep this our little "secret." LOL

only available on western arc ;)

just like fuel you can get the channel in the regional sports networks but cant get it in hd which is crap :)

Gotta say Im pretty pissed off right now. The reason I got the Platinum pack was for that channel. So now what?

Thanks for letting us know Dish.

Last edited:
Then why is 364 missing in my channel guide now? Do I have to upgrade to BB and pay more money now or what. Now a bunch of channels are missing. Epix, Palladia etc. What the hell is going on?

So do I have BB online as default since I had Platinum pack? Im logged into my account at dish network. HD Platinum was checked , but I logged into the BB Movie pass site, went back and see its now unchecked. And the channel guide on the Dish Online site doesnt have any of the channels I had before.

Im so upset right now. I had a bunch of shows lined up on my DVR that I'll miss and trying to figure out whats going on is confusing.

Sigh. Just talked to customer service. Seems I only had a 3 month trial of Platinum for free, even though I was told I would have it for 12 months from maryb@dishnetwork. Just read the PM's to verify, and I was supposed to get it for a year, not 3 months. Told the CC this and said no.

From my PMs when I upgraded to HD 3 months ago:

"Dish platinum is an additional package that runs $10.00 a month but as part of your upgrade I can authorize that on your account free for 12 months."
"I did offer Dish Platinum free for 12 months so it will be less $10.00 for the first 12 months. "

I asked several times about the Platinum package to be sure. If it was 3 months then the $10 then fine, but I was promised 12 months. I guess not.

Last edited:
Sigh. Just talked to customer service. Seems I only had a 3 month trial of Platinum for free, even though I was told I would have it for 12 months from maryb@dishnetwork. Just read the PM's to verify, and I was supposed to get it for a year, not 3 months. Told the CC this and said no.

From my PMs when I upgraded to HD 3 months ago:

"Dish platinum is an additional package that runs $10.00 a month but as part of your upgrade I can authorize that on your account free for 12 months."
"I did offer Dish Platinum free for 12 months so it will be less $10.00 for the first 12 months. "

I asked several times about the Platinum package to be sure. If it was 3 months then the $10 then fine, but I was promised 12 months. I guess not.

Why don't you just PM MaryB again and see if she can straighten it out or at least give you an explanation?

So HD Theater was renamed to Velocity. Did not know that.:eek: You sure can get educated on this forum. Or maybe it is because I just have too many channels to keep track of. Ah, I remember when we only had about 8 channels.......:rolleyes:

Why don't you just PM MaryB again and see if she can straighten it out or at least give you an explanation?

Just did. Hopefully I can get this figured out. Do I have to buy a wireless router now to get the BB package? I know I need it for streaming, but could I at least get my channels back while waiting for a router to be shipped, which usually takes a week for me from Newegg.

Just did. Hopefully I can get this figured out. Do I have to buy a wireless router now to get the BB package? I know I need it for streaming, but could I at least get my channels back while waiting for a router to be shipped, which usually takes a week for me from Newegg.

You should now have all your channels back and enrolled in the BlockBuster Movie Pass 1 Disc By Mail program and you can hook up the receiver at you leisure. Glad I could get that resolved for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts