What Happened To Commercial Skip ?

Maybe I'm mixing autohop up with the ability to see the other hopper. They both did not come out right away.

The point is that when they went with the HOPPER name , they used auto hop or skip to promote it. That was what the Hopper did, it hopped over commercials during prime time, the day after the shows were recorded. What difference does it make how many months or exactly when it came out ? IF you arguing about the details , you are missing the bigger point I was trying to make.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The point is that when they went with the HOPPER name , they used auto hop or skip to promote it. That was what the Hopper did, it hopped over commercials during prime time, the day after the shows were recorded. What difference does it make how many months or exactly when it came out ? IF you arguing about the details , you are missing the bigger point I was trying to make.
No. It "hopped" programming into other rooms in the house.

From Wiki... I remember this well...

The Hopper provides standard television functionality, including an electronic program guide, picture-in-picture support, and digital video recorder functionality.[1] The "Primetime Anytime" feature uses one of the three tuners on the unit to automatically record primetime programming being broadcast by the four major U.S. television networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox) and presents them in a special menu; unless otherwise saved, these recordings are kept for 8 days. Internet-enabled apps on the Hopper on-launch included Blockbuster Video on Demand, CNBC, Facebook, MSNBC, Pandora Radio, Twitter, and The Weather Channel.[4][5][11] In April 2012, a feature called "AutoHop" was added, which automatically edits commercial breaks out of the PrimeTime Anytime recordings. Due to contractual restrictions implemented since the launch of Hopper, AutoHop functionality is no longer available for ABC or CBS programming within certain timeframes.[12][13][14]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopper_(DVR)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
From Wiki... I remember this well...

The Hopper provides standard television functionality, including an electronic program guide, picture-in-picture support, and digital video recorder functionality.[1] The "Primetime Anytime" feature uses one of the three tuners on the unit to automatically record primetime programming being broadcast by the four major U.S. television networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox) and presents them in a special menu; unless otherwise saved, these recordings are kept for 8 days. Internet-enabled apps on the Hopper on-launch included Blockbuster Video on Demand, CNBC, Facebook, MSNBC, Pandora Radio, Twitter, and The Weather Channel.[4][5][11] In April 2012, a feature called "AutoHop" was added, which automatically edits commercial breaks out of the PrimeTime Anytime recordings. Due to contractual restrictions implemented since the launch of Hopper, AutoHop functionality is no longer available for ABC or CBS programming within certain timeframes.[12][13][14]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopper_(DVR)
It's on the Internet, so it must be true!

In actuality, it was introduced in May of 2012. I simply went back in the Hopper Zone, and checked.

Not quite the year or two I thought went by before it was offered. But, certainly not within a month of launch, and not why the system was named Hopper.

Reactions: Foxbat and dare2be
Still, regardless of this entire thread, AutoHop is still there, on all 4 networks. If it had originally been set to AutoHop the day of airing, and then changed to the next day, people would still find a reason to complain.
I'm no Dish-kisser. But, this whining about the "lack of auto-hop" is really annoying.

Reactions: Tampa8
Everyone should read the contract and RSA they agreed to for service(even if you have purchased equipment you still agreed to the RSA). Changes to software features are not dependent for the contract to remain valid. Also, the user manual for the Hopper and Joeys states the same. So as mentioned, autohop is still alive. It still works. It is not disabled. It is delayed for some. Although it could disappear someday, it likely will not, as Dish does have a step up on the competition. And if not mistaken, the method of autohopping is patented by Dish as well. Others can do things similar, but not the same. And anyone who is canceling over the delay, please tell me where you are going to get your autohop feature back?? Nowhere, because Dish has it solely. You could setup your own media center but I am not even sure you can autoskip commercials that way.

Wow, I can't believe the Hopper has been around for more than 3 years already!!

All the repetitious detailing of DIsh's superb business acumen in using AH to leverage power against the content providers doesn't explain how lackadaisical they are in implementing it for their customers. For instance, 3 days later and still no hopper icon on Season 3 ep 1 of Hannibal. No contract restriction that precludes it AFAIK. Probably will never get AH, with no explanation given. Not a good way to treat a customer; even a fore-flushing, neanderthal thinking, lazy SOB, AH user!

All the repetitious detailing of DIsh's superb business acumen in using AH to leverage power against the content providers doesn't explain how lackadaisical they are in implementing it for their customers. For instance, 3 days later and still no hopper icon on Season 3 ep 1 of Hannibal. !
My Hannibal has it.

All the repetitious detailing of DIsh's superb business acumen in using AH to leverage power against the content providers doesn't explain how lackadaisical they are in implementing it for their customers. For instance, 3 days later and still no hopper icon on Season 3 ep 1 of Hannibal. No contract restriction that precludes it AFAIK. Probably will never get AH, with no explanation given. Not a good way to treat a customer; even a fore-flushing, neanderthal thinking, lazy SOB, AH user!
My condolences on the loss of your thumbs. (I assume you lost them in an accident, were born without them, or have lost their functionality somehow.)

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)