What happened to Coolsat?!?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks a lot! This is what I was looking for. That channel editor you speak of is for editing the Sat table too? I just have a Ku setup here and I have all these C band entries that I'd like to program to Ku sats - I can't even reprogram the four "user" sat entries in that table - its utter craziness.

I have a Coolsat 7000, and I can't get the channel editor to do anything useful at all.

But I don't have any problem modifying any of the satellites, "user" or predefined, with the menus on the Coolsat itself. (I'm not sure if I ever tried to rename a predefined satellite, but I can rename the user ones.) The only thing I can't do is delete a satellite entirely.

I have a Coolsat 7000, and I can't get the channel editor to do anything useful at all.

But I don't have any problem modifying any of the satellites, "user" or predefined, with the menus on the Coolsat itself. (I'm not sure if I ever tried to rename a predefined satellite, but I can rename the user ones.) The only thing I can't do is delete a satellite entirely.

I seem to be able to rename sats but I can't change their coordinate location. For example, I can rename Brasilsat B4 (C) to whatever name I want but I can't change the 92.0W position. I suppose I could switch those to diseq and manually position and store it. Seems like quite a backwards approach though.

AVG Free flags it as "Runtime packed nspack".

From AVG's Forum: Run-time packed means:
The file was packed with one of less common run-time packers,
which may indicate an attempt to prevent scanning of such file.
However, not every report of such file indicates a virus.

I use ESET NOD32 AV and it actually "deep scans" compressed (packed) files (i.e. decompress then scan the content). So the coolsat editor exe inside was what had a suspicious signature.

Having said that false alarms are possible. Anyway just a heads up to you guys.

sadly no. The Visionsats and Coolsat 7000/7100/8100/8000 models do not work with Channelmaster

Sadly I have a Coolsat 4000 somewhere in the garage, but lazy to move all the boxes around.. not worth it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts