What Happened to Esquire?

One I believe though, as if NBC wasn't happy with it going they would be putting up a stink.

I have friends here at NBC Universal and am told it was a mutual decision to not renew it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8
Not proof of shutting down, but the marketing staff for Esquire was laid off and the channel is now merged with E! and under other of the company's executive oversight.
Then there's this. In this article which hits some things we have said here for a very long time including how many would not get ESPN if they had a choice,(Spoiler alert at least 60%) it specifically talks about Esquire and Fusion (Fusion possibly the worst of them all) as a failure in ratings.
http://www.streamingobserver.com/least-popular-cable-channels-even-less-popular-think/

http://www.thewrap.com/nbcuniversal-layoffs-e-esquire-merge-marketing-posts/

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadT41
Comcast are idiots. I'm not big video game fan, but they killed G4 for this crap with a big blunder in buisness decisions. "We're going to turn G4 into Esquire, so let's start cancelling all original programming." "Now we are instead going to kill Style for Esquire, and keep G4, but that's ok. G4 will live on with reruns of Cops." Such waste! To quote Jack Warden in The Replacements, "I've seen monkey $#!+ fights at the zoo more organized than this! "

I'm a fan of reducing the channel selection into more concentrated channels, and less fluff. It sucks having 1000 channels and still hard to find something entertaining. I would rather 500 channels and better productions. My 2 cents.

Not proof of shutting down, but the marketing staff for Esquire was laid off and the channel is now merged with E!
I never did like Dish's EPG indicator for Esquire Network. (ESQNT) Back when it was on channel 115, right next to E!, I would always read it as "E! Squint." I think that is why they moved it to G4's old channel number, to get it farther away from E! and avoid confusion. On the other hand, with E! now running Esquire, perhaps "E! Squint" would be a good name for the channel if it survives. :D

Reactions: Tampa8
That was the real travesty, G4 was never able to live up to TechTV. While I doubt both channels would have ever survived the internet age letting G4 live on over TechTV was a disgrace.
G4 only got on directv and other systems by them buying out techtv.

What Comcast did was dropped techtv from the there systems to make them lose income. At the time just about no one then Comcast had G4.

They should of had as G4 Tech tv with out dropping all of the good stuff and they should of had some thing like let's plays with sponsorship by the game makers.

The way I understand it is they are shutting down all their low rated channels in order to put more concentration on their higher rated channels. Basically less channels, but higher quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts