What happened to my Guide

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I just had my system grounded due to the first installer failing to do that. I haven't saw the guide since and I have unplugged 2 times. I doubt that grounding had anything to do with not getting the guide. Ideas?

Lem52

I left right after the installer but when I came back home, I still had the "no info" showing. It hasn't took this long since I have had Voom. Its no big deal yet, but if its out more than a few hours, I will get pissed!

Lem52

Sean, do you know why it takes so long for the Voom guide to load after a reset? My Dish 6000 is horrendously slow, but it gets the current and next programming within about 1 minute after a reset.

Lem52 said:
I left right after the installer but when I came back home, I still had the "no info" showing. It hasn't took this long since I have had Voom. Its no big deal yet, but if its out more than a few hours, I will get pissed!

Lem52

Take a look at your trip count on the system setting after reboot. After 4 it means that the PG information has been downloaded. If that is not the case, give VOOM a call and ask them to re-hit the box and look at the trip count again.

DarrellP said:
Sean, do you know why it takes so long for the Voom guide to load after a reset? My Dish 6000 is horrendously slow, but it gets the current and next programming within about 1 minute after a reset.

Don't know why.

My guide has shown "no info" for two days now (since it has been installed), even after several factory resets and sof reboots, though the channels come in just fine.

I tried calling Voom and asking for a new hit, but that didn't help either.

In the 2 days I have had Voom, so far it has been barely usable due to IRD crashes, no guide, and no local mappings. I tried to expedite a firmware upgrade, but the CSRs told me I just had to wait. I really hope they starighten out these issues soon... :(

Me too!

I just got my Voom yesterday. I had guide info about an hour after the install. During the night, both of my boxes got the software upgrade to 5.68. I had to reboot a couple times after the update. Since then, neither of my boxes has any guide info. Both say (no info) for all programs. It has been like this for 7 hours now since I rebooted this morning at 8:30am. I can watch all the channels fine, but with so many in the VaVaVoom package, it takes a long time to surf them all and see what is on!

I'm not seeing anything about a trip count on the setup screens. So I guess I'll just call into Voom and see what they have to say.

No guide here either, I was watching about 4 hours ago and I was switching channels and it just locked up so I reset it and I got my channels working agian but no guide info so I did & Unplug and another reset, 6:20 and still nothing so I called voom (Got right Through) They said a lot of people have been calling with the same problem today and said a Hit to the box would fix it But nothing so far its been 30 minutes .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)