What happened to my recording?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I recorded "Ghost Whisperer" on my 722 last night. The recording list says "Done" between 6:59 CST and 8:00PM CST. BUT THE RECORDING IS NOT IN MY RECORDINGS. Where did it go?

If you high light the event in the schedule page and press info you should see a screen with all the details of start - stop and messages like "recording ended by user" or such language.

The other thing to do is verify that it was a recording event and not an auto-tune or reminder. I've hit auto-tune when I meant to record.

The info screen in the schedule page showed the time and Done that I stated in my first post. The even was scheduled as DVR and not an auto tune or whatever the other option was. I did not screw up the 722 screwed it up.

Try rebooting your receiver, by either pressing and holding the power button on the receiver itself for about 10 seconds or by pulling the plug and waiting 20 seconds before you plug it in again. This has worked for me several times when something was recorded, but didn't show up in the "My Recordings" list. Good luck!

The info screen in the schedule page showed the time and Done that I stated in my first post. The even was scheduled as DVR and not an auto tune or whatever the other option was. I did not screw up the 722 screwed it up.
OK, sorry if it seems like I'm backing up but my info screen shows:

Event Completed by User 1

Start Time: 6:00AM
AV Recorded: 6:00AM
Stop Time: 8:00AM
AV Stopped: 8:00AM

You say you have all the same type info?

Mine shows:

Event completed by User 1

Start time: 6:59PM

Stop Time: 8:00PM

And above the block it shows

DVR ( and the symbol for OTA recording)

I rebooted my 722 like you suggested and now "Ghost Whisperer" has been added to my schedule on Saturday morning as "Deleted" and when I click on the program it says" Deleted by User 1", yet their is not a button for me to delete a program from the schedule and when I watch a program and delete it, the schedule still shows Done and not deleted. It is also still on the schedule for Friday evening and still says Done. It is on the schedule twice.

Also, when I reboot the 722, I have to press the power button and hold it several times or the 722 just shuts down and does not reboot the first few times.

OK, sorry if it seems like I'm backing up but my info screen shows:

Event Completed by User 1

Start Time: 6:00AM
AV Recorded: 6:00AM
Stop Time: 8:00AM
AV Stopped: 8:00AM

You say you have all the same type info?
AM? That doesn't sound right to me. I recorded it too but haven't checked my reocordings yet.

I think that GregE didn't record Ghost Whisperer. He recorded a 2 hour program at 8AM and is using it as an example of the content of the screen.

AM? That doesn't sound right to me. I recorded it too but haven't checked my reocordings yet.
No, no. I was giving an example of what the info screen shows as in "Start Time" and "AV Recorded" and his response shows no "AV Recorded" message which means for some unkown reason his DVR didn't record the even....Not lost, never made.

And it occurs to me this is what would happen if the OTA tuner lost the signal. We know a DVR won't record a blank screen or static.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)