What happened to Sadoun' web site?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Katrinasucks said:
Yeah, we were all lying to Sadoun. He doesn't have a problem and we were not trying to help. We're all just a bunch of liars.

Geeze.

no need to get pissy. If someone on FireFox was able to get in (as Charper was) he is just stating that he was able to get to it with no issues.

You missed the point Ice...

After multiple people report problems he then says there are no problems and nothing needs to be fixed. It was insulting to the people who reported problems and more importantly, giving Sadoun poor advice.

If he wants to give his version number or give a fatual report, more power to him. To insult the other board members was not apprecaited in my book. YMMV.

In case the extra detail is helpful, here's my situation: I'm running Firefox 1.5 on Linux. The Sadoun main page always seems to load fine, but following links from there often (but not always, and seemingly at random) produces a blank page. If I then simply click "reload," the page almost always loads correctly the second time. It's a strange issue, that's for sure. Maybe I should open a packet sniffer and see what's actually happening at the protocol level.

OK, I just captured a very clean sequence of packets where the problem occurs. If Sadoun's tech guys want the raw packet dump (readable with Ethereal, for *NIX or Windows), drop me a private message. There's definitely some strangeness happening, but it's complex enough that I can't really afford to spend any more time analyzing it in detail (I'm at work right now).

pestie

I sent you a PM.

BTW, I have just tried with a raw FireFOX version 1.5 (no extensions or plug-ins) and have had no problems opening any page on the website.

Last edited:
Sadoun said:
pestie
I sent you a PM.
BTW, I have just tried with a raw FireFOX version 1.5 (no extensions or plug-ins) and have had no problems opening any page on the website.

Sadoun,

I thought your guy ran it down by now... I forget now what made me think this but I looked at the problem a few days ago and I was about 90% sure at the time it was your webserver compressng the pages.

Again I forgot now what I looked at to determine that. If you want, I'll figure it out for you or get one of my guys to do it for you. That is sorta almost what my company does.

But it is an easy check... Turn off compression and see if it goes away. I have the problem about 50% of the time so if you want, I can coordinate with your web guy to test it.

BTW I usually use Foxfire for Mac 1.0.4 but I have about a dozen machines I can use.

good luck with it

Screen cap

I get this now and then in FireFox 1.0.7.

I'll upgrade to 1.5 soon ;).

When i placed my order a little while back I gave up trying in FireFox and did the order using IE.

Hitting re-load renders the page correctly.

Shawn

Last edited:
I've been using Firefox 1.5 for a while and I've had the problem there.

Main page always comes up, but clicking on a menu item usually results in a blank page. Forcing a reload seems to work on some of the pages, but some items I can try to click and it never goes there.

Like "Free Giveaways" just stays on the main page for me after a very brief display of a progress bar on the bottom to show the loading indicator. Firefox 1.5 Windows XP Pro

Katrinasucks

Your observation is correct. Recently, we have added server side compression. In theory 90% of browsers suppose to work just fine with server side compression.

Sadoun said:
Katrinasucks
Your observation is correct. Recently, we have added server side compression. In theory 90% of browsers suppose to work just fine with server side compression.

Yeah, I forget how I figured it out but it was sorta obvious.

(I'm way to lazy to look ;-) What kind of compression are you using? Some work better than others.

Again if you need help, lemme know, this isn't exactly what we do but we do enough of it to figure it out.

Since we are talking tech issues on your site, your photo display tool seems to be wonky on some browsers too. For example:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/SATCONTROL/sample.htm

The row of thumbnails does not wrap so it creates a page extremely wide and you need to scroll left right. It works but it is annoying.

But since you're heard so much bad news about the site, lemme give you some kudos. Your use of that digital camera is invaluable. That old line about a picture being worth 1000 words goes double in this business. Describing a mount or an installation is one thing... Seeing it makes a world of difference.

I'm about to buy a motor from you and one of the main reasons is that I can see what I am buying. (In this example anyway...) If I could not see this motor, I could not buy it. So it made you at least 1 sale. ;-)

Good luck with the site.

Yes, I see what you mean when you use FireFox with this picture gallery. We will fix it in the near future so tat it would be easier to navigate.

Yes, a picture is worth a 1000 words, indeed.

Just last week, I have discovered that a Satellite Magazine in the Middle East copied these exact pictures and our step by step instructions on how to install an HH Motor. Their January 2006 issue has 3 pages of pictures and a translation of the instructions. What made me mad is that they did not even get our permission to use the pictures or the istructions. Also, they took all the logos and reference to our website off the pictures. If they at least made a reference to our website or at least mentioned a small Thank You to our company for the pictures, I would have been ok and happy with it. :mad:

If I hit Reload in Firefox 1.5 (Windows XP) enough, it will eventually work. In Ethereal I see a lot of bad checksums.

It seemed faster but I didn't get far... Home:receivers:FTA receivers:Fortec Classic Na - BOOM!

Reload and page is OK

It seems faster (but that might be a placebo) but the rendering was about the same. I can't get 6 pages before it blows.

Sorry Sadoun, wish I had better news.

EDIT: 2 pages then BOOM, 2 pages, 3 pages. etc

Last edited:
My symptoms are different

Shawn95GT said:
Three pages deep and:

Hi Shawn: (Hi Sadoun)
It seems as though you are seeing HTML code which is really wierd.

My symptoms with Firefox 1.5 are that after the homepage loads, if you click on a link, it clears the page, displays "done" in the lower left of the browser pane and acts as though it opened just fine. I am stuck staring at a blank page...very strange. Internet Explorer does just fine (I hardly ever use it!).

The strange thing is that some people have no trouble and others have different kinds of problems...does not make troubleshooting easy!
regards
jeff

I just tried it again with Firefox and I get the same results as yesterday. I can load the initial page, but clicking any links takes me to a blank screen. It works fine in IE though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts