What happens to DishHD Absolute after Feburuary 1st?

Um, I think 74 ish. I have AT200, what was once called Absolute HD or HD absolute, locals cinemax for a penny... and some other stuff. I think I have been with them about a year or so. I really dont remember.

Do you also have SD channels you can watch? AT200 was never called HD Absolute, or vice versa.

This is a copy of my online communication with Dishnetwork on January 21st:

You have been connected to (23-12-3) Lynn M..
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR services. This is Lynn, Operator ID 8JN. I'd be happy to help you with any questions or concerns today. Can I please have the name and zip code on your account?
Robert Meyer: Robert C. Meyer xip code 87507-4814
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Thank you. And how may I assist you today?
Robert Meyer: I currently have HD Absolute programming. Is this available on an annual basis?
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: I can advise you on that. HD Absolute is no longer offered, and there is no annual version.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Also, I do have to advise you that any new HD channels will not be available on the Absolute.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: You would have the option to go to Turbo HD Bronze, Silver or Gold after 2/1.
Robert Meyer: Thanks. How long will I be able to keep this package? I understand you will soon be raising prices.
(23-12-3) Lynn M.: Correct, after 2/1. The Absolute is grandfathered; you can keep it, but if you remove it' it's gone forever.
Robert Meyer: Okay, Thanks

Nowhere does the CSR say that the price will not go up Feb 1st. Grandfathered does not mean that they will not increase the price.

What I was told last summer when I went to HD Absolute was that I would receive any new HD channels as they became available, but, that the $29.95 price was only guaranteed until February. If they do not add new HD channels and I have to switch to the Turbo Gold + Platinum to get the same channels I am now would be a $30 price increase, which is ridiculous.:mad:

I'm chatting with a CSR now who is clueless. He keeps telling me to contact them in a few days, after February 1st to discuss any changes to my account. I keep telling him I want to know what changes I will see, as I have HD Absolute right now, before they happen.

My billing which is due 2/3/09 is $.49 higher than the previous bills for HD absolute (from $48.55 to $49.04). For some reason the state tax increased from $.58 to $1.07.

This billing is for 1/28 -2/27/09, so there is no increase for February unless they backcharge me on their next bill...

Or on Feb 1st, they update your bill online. I just checked my online bill and the subscribed programming column is all N/A. And I have HD Absolute, HBO, Straz, CMax, and locals. Explain that!

Do you also have SD channels you can watch? AT200 was never called HD Absolute, or vice versa.

I know, I was listing what I have. I wasn't using HD absolute as an appositive for AT200, it was just what I was listing second.

Programing N/A

Or on Feb 1st, they update your bill online. I just checked my online bill and the subscribed programming column is all N/A. And I have HD Absolute, HBO, Straz, CMax, and locals. Explain that!

I have the exact same thing as you Jerryez, and all of mine also say N/A.
Like DigiBlur, I'm satisfied with what I have, and don't see anything on the immediate Horizon that would make me change from Absolute. If I am forced to change, or my price goes up substantially I'll be dropping HBO and Starz to keep the price down. I don't see that as a winning situation for myself or dish.

Just checked online and my account programming now says n/a-this morning it still said HD Absolute, locals, encore pkge, and 1cent cinemax. However, still has the same amount to be taken out on autopay!:confused:

I still have this on my account online

PROGRAMMING

Current Programming:dishHD Absolute Local Channels:Knoxville, TN DMA Package Premium Channels:1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, HBO, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!, Playboy TV
International or Ala Carte Add-ons:DISH Network DVR Service Fee, DISH Home Protection Plan

Here's mine, still normal:

PROGRAMMING

Current Programming: dishHD Absolute Local Channels: Cleveland, OH DMA Package Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation International or Ala Carte Add-ons: DISH Network DVR Service Fee, DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO

I have HD Absolute, and when I logged into my account a week or so ago, it still said "HD Absolute" for my programming. This morning, however, everything is saying "NA". I chatted with Dish support to check on my programming, and he confirmed that I still had the HD Absolute package. And just for the heck of it, I asked him when Indianapolis HD locals would be available on Dish. His response:

(03) Shaun C.: We are working on our deal with the Locals and we fully anticipate making Locals available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.

So we should have them "soon". :D

I'm getting "N/A" now this morning whereas yesterday it told me I had Absolute...hmm. My autopay amount went up less than a $1 so I'm guessing thats due to taxes.

And just for the heck of it, I asked him when Indianapolis HD locals would be available on Dish. His response:

(03) Shaun C.: We are working on our deal with the Locals and we fully anticipate making Locals available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.

So we should have them "soon". :D

Watch out, that "soon" will be placing it in a different orbital location then where you might be aiming.

I appreciate seeing others concerns on the dishHD absolute issue. I look forward to seeing what we all find out.

Speaking of a couple of weeks....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw_YryVgLOg]YouTube - O Brother - Geographical Oddity[/ame]

Good Morning Feb 1:
BILLING SUMMARY as of 02/01/2009
Amount Due: $0.00
Statement Balance: $57.20

Current Programming: dishHD Absolute
Local Channels: Harrisburg, PA DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, Starz!
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: DISH Network DVR Service Fee, DISH Home Protection Plan

Added bonus... after the Feb 1 add one take one, CI is showing up on 387 (and being broadcast on 374). While I wish Smithsonian was still there, at least we didn't loose a channel with nothing gained... will have to keep my fingers crossed for when new channels don't come at the cost of old ones...

HD Abosulte package

hey i'm an absolut hd subscriber and just got off the phone with dish because i thought we would receive ne hd channels not true after feb 1st we will no longer receive any new hd channels unless we change programming package but be warned that if you decide to change your package once you do you can not and will not be allowed to go back to the absolute package as it no longer exist. hope this helps people out.
Paul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)