What happens to V* IRD when replaced?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I'm having my Voom receiver replaced on 6 May. What happens to the equipment once it is picked-up? If it is destroyed, that's a terrible waste.

vurbano said:
im sure they send it to motorola to repair it

I hope it's refurbished like that. It would be a shame to see Voom losing all that equipment and having to invest additional funds to have excessive amounts of replacement equipment. If the boxes are liquidated or destroyed, I think I'll just tell the installer to keep his new STB.

This STB was from another installation site. It had been in use for a week or so. I contacted customer service regarding an occasional loss of authorization, which is also very difficult to refresh or hit on my particular box. They decided they would schedule a call to replace the IRD and put "new box only, in packaging" into the comments. This box introduced me to good quality HD...I'll miss it if it has to go.

Vurbano: this is a bit OT, but I'm looking at LCD and Plasma displays for our master bedroom. I've noticed most displays have a native resolution higher than advertised for 1080i (similar to computer LCD's). Would you happen to know exactly which HD standard, 720p or 1080i, would typically be used on these models and scaled to the native resolution?

Any recommendations?

It appears most plasma and LCD's have a max of 768, which would lead me to believe that 720p is the best they can manage (which would still be stunning on plasma). There are also 1024 LCD's and plasmas...which still wouldn't manage 1080...so I'm assuming that they also utilize 720p natively or downconvert 1080i?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts