What HD channels are coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
I have returned to Directv, after having dealt with comcast long enough, and I am pretty impressed with all the HD channels D* has to offer. My question is what could they possibly add next? Is there honestly any other HD channels out there? It seems that they have pretty much covered it all. I know that Comcast has a mojo channel, and Dish has those Voom channels, but we know we won't be seeing those on D*.... So is there anything else? I'm pretty happy with what we have now, but of course wouldn't mind more HD, (who wouldn't) but what's left?:D

I think they've only announced ABC Family.

There are several other good channels out there yet to add. Hopefully after DirecTV 11 is activated over the next couple of months we will see more.

One's I'm waiting for include

RFD-TV HD
Fox News HD
AMC HD
Hallmark HD
Hallmark Movie HD
MORE MOVIE CHANNELS IN HD

According to this article DirecTV is suppose launch Hallmark HD and "has rights" to broadcast Hallmark Movie HD....

Hallmark Movie Channel HD coming to DirecTV, too - Engadget HD

There are at least 10 or 12 others available but some are the old Voom channels which will likely never see DirecTV. I think DISH has them locked up but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there.

I hope soon they will be able to add more movie channel feeds in HD. We have HBO & Starz but there are only a couple feeds of HBO in HD...

There is another thread that lists

I agree with the conversions too. Perhaps they should just launch the MPEG 4 equivilents and start over compressing the MPEG 2's until those people upgrade... Sorry that's bad and kind of mean...

But converting them would be a very good thing for everyone involved.

:eek:

There are lots of addl. Movie channels that can/could be added in HD, HBO/ Cine (only 3 cinemax channels provided) as well as the rest of the Movie channels, some are already up, but not all.

btw, how about the Comedy Channel

Jimbo

I am awaiting Chiller HD and Travel Channel HD, the rest will just be a bonus for me. Don't get me wrong, D* has so much more quality HD than E* and getting more HD just makes thing better. Love watching BSG on SCIFIHD.

I am awaiting Chiller HD and Travel Channel HD, the rest will just be a bonus for me. Don't get me wrong, D* has so much more quality HD than E* and getting more HD just makes thing better. Love watching BSG on SCIFIHD.

Hmm.. Lots of HD out still out there I guess.CHiller would be great. Travel HD would be nice too. Does the Travel channel have an HD station?

RE: Flyby

Directv's web page has been showing Chiller HD, but haven't seen anything about it being an HD channel. Also shows BET and they've mentioned ABCFamily when ESPNNEWS, DISNEY and TOONDISNEY were launched. I'd like to see WGNHD, TRAVEL CHANNEL, COMEDY CENTRAL, IFC, AMC, and MSNBC...don't believe they all have HD feeds as yet.

Much better than DISH. So glad I finally made it back to Directv.

I was a Dish Sub for the past 18 months until I made the switch back to D* last week. Believe me when I tell you, you do not want the VOOM channels. WASTE of Money and Bandwidth. Way too many reruns of shows you've never heard of and other shows you could care less about.

I was one of the Voomers and it was great at first just to see HD.
I got real tired of the content pretty quick.

I still get these awful flashbacks of Burt Lancaster in "The Swimmer"

Yea dish is loosing customers fast i was with them for 9 years i switched to direct last week.

QVC HD could be online anyday now, when and if directv will carry it, who knows.

I know the shopping channels pay for space at Dish. I would think it is the same at Direct. Instead of providers paying them.

I wonder when QVC hd does launch will it stay that way??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)