What HD channels are coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
According to a recent email from BBC America:

"We appreciate your interest in seeing BBC America in High Definition and are thrilled to report that we hope to launch this channel in 2008. At this time, an exact launch date is not available, but please rest assured that we are working tirelessly to bring you this service in the very near future."

So there's another one we can look forward to soon. :)

I don't know. I know once they get rid of all the remaining MPEG2 HD channels, they are going to use that recaptured bandwidth for MPEG2 SD, so my guess would be no.

It might me a moot point for those with MPEG4 receivers when D11/D12 are operational and they add all those new HD channels. There's bound to be a lot of SD content on a lot of the new channels. But it won't be compressed. There will be so many of them that almost all the existing SD channels will also have an HD version.

Directv's web page has been showing Chiller HD, but haven't seen anything about it being an HD channel. Also shows BET and they've mentioned ABCFamily when ESPNNEWS, DISNEY and TOONDISNEY were launched. I'd like to see WGNHD, TRAVEL CHANNEL, COMEDY CENTRAL, IFC, AMC, and MSNBC...don't believe they all have HD feeds as yet.

Much better than DISH. So glad I finally made it back to Directv.

MSNBC is supposed to have a HD channel in 2009

QVC to be Part of High-Definition Line-Up

QVC HD could be online anyday now, when and if directv will carry it, who knows.

Press Release

QVC, Inc., one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world, announced today that it will be launching a high-definition (HD) simulcast of its domestic broadcast in the first quarter of 2008. HD technology gives QVC the ability to deliver a crisper, more colorful and detailed picture to its shoppers and viewers

QVC has been updating its “storefront” with fresh sets and new graphics as part of its multi-tiered brand campaign launched last month. The brand launch — QVC’s first-ever national campaign in its 21-year history — is one of several initiatives the company is undertaking to continue its evolution from a TV shopping channel into one of the world’s finest multimedia retailers.

Yah, the first quarter has come and gone, but qvc is currently advertising spring 2008, so it shouldn't be much longer.

I have returned to Directv, after having dealt with comcast long enough, and I am pretty impressed with all the HD channels D* has to offer. My question is what could they possibly add next? Is there honestly any other HD channels out there? It seems that they have pretty much covered it all. I know that Comcast has a mojo channel, and Dish has those Voom channels, but we know we won't be seeing those on D*.... So is there anything else? I'm pretty happy with what we have now, but of course wouldn't mind more HD, (who wouldn't) but what's left?:D
Welcome back! I have missed not hearing from old VOOM DBS Forum posters like you, DarrellP, and TheTimm. I am just a little surprised you haven't cut your hair over the years.:rolleyes:

Welcome back! I have missed not hearing from old VOOM DBS Forum posters like you, DarrellP, and TheTimm. I am just a little surprised you haven't cut your hair over the years.:rolleyes:

VOOM... as in "micro-stutter" tv right? LOL.... yeah it's good to be back, with some decent HD pq, and alot more choice in programming. Been with Comcast since the demise of VOOM, but they just recently degraded their HD pq, and it is ugly! With Directv, I've got that pop back in my HD picture!

What about the Adult Channels in HD or better yet, 3-D!

LOL I think it was an episode of WKRP where Johnnie was in a 3D adult movie and the others including the women were trying to get him to come back to the station. Several times while they were in there everyone went.. oooh simultaneously and everyone ducked..... LOL

That was the first thing I thought of reading this!

As a dad who has a kid addicted to Playhouse Disney, I hope they put Disney West HD up. Esspecially now that we are stuck with their summer schedule, they end the toddler programming way to early (9am). My kid usually doesn't get up until 8 so even during their usual programming schedule we watch the west coast version. I'm curious....do people on the west coast have to get up at 3am to watch Playhouse Disney HD or do they get the west feed in HD and the eastern feed in SD only?

Speaking as an E* subscriber the best HD channel that D* doesn't have yet is Travel Channel HD IMHO. Lots of HD content and it's usually content that can "take advantage" of HD so to speak.

Now, if only it made up for the dozens of HD channels that D* has that I don't get :(

As a dad who has a kid addicted to Playhouse Disney, I hope they put Disney West HD up. Esspecially now that we are stuck with their summer schedule, they end the toddler programming way to early (9am). My kid usually doesn't get up until 8 so even during their usual programming schedule we watch the west coast version. I'm curious....do people on the west coast have to get up at 3am to watch Playhouse Disney HD or do they get the west feed in HD and the eastern feed in SD only?

HD DVR... :D :up

Glad to see the post about BBCA HD. That channel and the Hallmarks would make me very happy. LogoHD Im not so sure on as it seems long ago when I watched it in SD they did a ton of repeats but maybe things have changed since then but I'll be happy with anything hehe. As things stand I am a very happy converter from Dish with just the HD we have now.

Now if my dang roomy would watch some of the dang serises hes recorded, seems my drive has about 30% free and all the junk recorded are shows I dont watch LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts