What HD channels will Dish add?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Dish is claiming that it will add 45 HD channels (maybe 36) by the end of this year. Can someone list 36 or 45 HD channels that are or will be HD by the end of this year, I don't see where they will get 45 HD channels? Oh yeah, please do not include the Voom channels.

Hey guy, go out and get some MOJO, will ya? ;)

otherwise I think your channels are spot on, except 1-15 will be MORE HD-PAYTV channels....

Last edited:
I posted something on this awhile ago on the "other" site.

I found an interesting (although not entirely accurate and exhaustive) list at wikipedia of HDs available:
List of United States cable and satellite television networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just looking at basic national channels, I see 21, plus 8 "coming soon" probably by the end o the year. Most are from 4 big conglomerates not yet represented well on Dish.

Viacom - 6 channels: MTV, VH1, CMT, Spike, Nick, and Comedy Central (Coming Soon)
Fox - 5 channels: FX, Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, and Fuel
Rainbow Media - 4 channels: AMC, IFC, Fuse, and WE
Comcast (et al) 3 channels: Golf/Versus separated, E! (Coming Soon), and MOJO (co-owned by some other cable cos)

There are several from nets they've works thing out with for a number of other channels:
NBC Universal - 3 channels: Chiller, Sleuth, and MSNBC, although none seem to exist yet.
Disney: ESPNU is out this month
Discovery: BBCAmerica is coming soon
Turner: truTV is coming soon
Crown Media: Hallmark is coming soon

I wonder if any of the agreements already worked out with these providers cover any of these channels soon to be coming.

There are also several independents:
Wealth
RFDtv
MavTV (I think I saw this uplinked)
Outdoor Channel

There are of course several premiums not yet carried: Moremax, several Showtimes, and TMC.

There are several RSNs not carried in HD, YES network, MSG, and others.

And Penthouse is supposed to be in HD. ;)

So with basics, premiums, and RSNs, there are plenty of HDs available.

Hopefully they can bury the hatchet with Viacom, Fox, and Rainbow.

Last edited:
I'm sure there is more, but here is a bunch for you:
FOX Business HD
Fuel HD
FX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Speed HD
Spike HD
The 101
VH1 HD
CMT HD
FSN Wisconsin HD
What other RSNs are missing?

Great post HDRoberts! Thanks

I dont know which channels are available in HD yet, some channels like TV Land dont make too much sense in HD, do they? I mean who is remastering Gunsmoke and I Love Lucy?

Anyways, I broke down some channels that I would view from time to time by SD package availability that arent offered in HD yet, and while I know that there are some variances between the HD packages and the SD packages as to which channels are offered where, there seems to be a heavy correlation.

AT100

Comedy Central
Spike
TV Land
VH1
MTV
CMT

AT 200

FX
Fox News
MSNBC
AMC
IFC
TCM
Speed

AT 250

Fox Movie Channel
Outdoor Channel
Military Channel

So it seems to me, that there isnt much more HD that is going to be added to the Turbo HD Gold Package....unless they add like The Movie Channel HD similar to how they added Encore HD.

Turbo HD Silver seems a good place to be.

Last edited:
Or Charlie's favorite HD channels- World Judo Network, World Bad Mitten Network, and My favorite also the Police Car Chase Network !!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)