What HD locals are on 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dewar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Currently I "moved" to Atlanta to get HD locals, but the picture quality is not that good. I live in south west OH and was wondering if I could get another set of HD locals on 61.5? Im not sure if this is even possible, thanks in advance.

Check the link below (kudos TNGTony and others). Spool down about half way and click on the link for the 61.5 slot.

Looks like the HD locals on E*12 at 61.5 are NY, Boston, Phila., Wash DC.

Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

IIRC, your Atlanta "locals" are on the E*5 sat. at 129. Many folks have some "receivability" issues with E*5. That's a problem with variable signal strength that leads to pixelation and drop-outs, but the PQ should be as good as any other HD channel capability on that sat. when the signal is strong enough. That's unless the quality of the Atlanta HD feeds is suboptimal. I haven't seen any complaints about Atlanta HD locals in particular, just E*5 in general...

Currently I "moved" to Atlanta to get HD locals, but the picture quality is not that good. I live in south west OH and was wondering if I could get another set of HD locals on 61.5? Im not sure if this is even possible, thanks in advance.

I have Atlanta locals as well. While they aren't quite as good as OTA, they are pretty good. What kinds of problems are you having with the picture?

Jeff

I am having pixelation, occasional drop outs. I have read on this forum that other people have been having the same issues. I was really wondering if I just need to "move" to NY to get 61.5 or can I some how force my receiver to get 61.5?

You can receive 61.5 by adding a dish and LNB pointed to that slot then do the usual receiver set-up tasks to enable it, but to get any of the local channels on E*12 you will need to "move" again.

Your problem is exactly as we suspected, not an issue with PQ but rather with reception variability. Make sure your current dish is peaked for 129, perhaps sacrificing some signal strength on 110/119 in the process to optimize 129. If that doesn't help, you could consider moving the dish to another location on your property if there are any obstructions, or else installing a larger dish. Search 129 reception problems in these forums for other ideas. Good luck with it...

OK I am kinda new at this so bear with me. Currently I get a great signal on 61.5 when I access the point dish portion of the on screen menu. Are you saying that I would need an additional dish to get 61.5? If I just "move" it won't work?

OK I am kinda new at this so bear with me. Currently I get a great signal on 61.5 when I access the point dish portion of the on screen menu. Are you saying that I would need an additional dish to get 61.5? If I just "move" it won't work?
If you have a dish pointed at 61.5 now, then you only need to "move".

I am having pixelation, occasional drop outs. I have read on this forum that other people have been having the same issues. I was really wondering if I just need to "move" to NY to get 61.5 or can I some how force my receiver to get 61.5?

Do you have a dish setup at 61.5? If so, then pick a market on 61.5 there's no forcing on the locals as the markets are not mirrored on 129 and 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)