What HD Programming is left for VOOM to add?

dtsfanohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
OK... I know INHD may or may not be added; HDNET may or may not be added, and TNT is a sure bet to be added soon....

Other than these HD offerings which are available now or as in TNT's case, very soon... What other significant HD content NOW AVAILABLE or very soon is out there for Voom to add? I am curious.

PS. I am asking about HD not SD. We all know they can still add HGTV, SCiFi, etc.

Hey cyuhnke, Dont forget TMC-HD coming by the end of the year. By the way this is not The Movie Channel its Turner Classic Movies TCM HD .

ahhhh PVV HD.. forgot that one.... I thought about the RSN in hd but I figure that will be down the line. I am thinking Voom's business plan includes the RSNs eventually but I can understand the RSNs but being part of the initial grow. Its take time to grow any business the right way.

Just checked out WealthTV. No thank you. Seriously, no. Don't care how the other half lives, and if I did, I'd watch Cribs, Rides, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous, anything on VH1 or E!, or a variety of programs on UltraHD. This kind of programming is worse than American Idol or The Bachelor. I forgot to mention SpiceTV-HD. PBHOTHD shows alot of the same stuff, but they are different.

cyuhnke said:
Just checked out WealthTV. No thank you. Seriously, no. Don't care how the other half lives, and if I did, I'd watch Cribs, Rides, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous, anything on VH1 or E!, or a variety of programs on UltraHD. This kind of programming is worse than American Idol or The Bachelor. I forgot to mention SpiceTV-HD. PBHOTHD shows alot of the same stuff, but they are different.
"Just keep giving me more hd programming"-LMAO

Cmon folks. Watching people sipping wine in their Lear Jets? Guys in $10,000 suits driving Ferrari's? Sharing the view of a $30,000 a night hotel suite with the bimbo wife? Whats not to like?

I can't wait! :bow (I'm not worthy) Could be I'm wrong and there will actually be more content than fluff? Nah! :)

OK. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Paris Hilton video in HD ;)

Take channel 311 and change the name from NFLVOOM to VOOMOTA, and let Sean pick the movies he'd like to see. He could do some spots for Voom promotions and to promote this forum. He's got to be better than the Voom Guy.

mini1 said:
PBS-HD national feed. eveyone is can receive it.

But wouldn't this be in the same violation as the local networks. In my area there are about 3 or 4 PBS stations. I know that these PBS stations will cry wolf if Satellite start sending the PBS-HD national feed.

I hope the FCC changes the rules so we can get the National feed. Our PBS won't show the National feed, they cram the local programming down our throat and only have HD from 8-11pm and only about 1/3 of it is true HD, the rest is upconverted. They do have a few nice programs that are produced locally, but for the most part, I would rather see the National feed.

My local PBS cut so many sd feeds out of their bandwidth the HD channel looked like SH$t so they had to convert it to 720p. IT stinks. not much better than sd. Its a shame too, it looked awesome at one time in 1080i.

What needs to happen is some government intervention not only defining HD as 720p or 1080i but also the bandwidth for quality!

Also stations that dont broadcast the available HD content or at inadequate power should be subject to having national feeds brought in by satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts