What If GM Was Run Like MS?

I have a Mercury with Microsoft SYNC and I must say, I'm impressed with it. It pairs with my Bluetooth phone and allows me to make phone calls by saying "Call <so-and-so> at home". It works with iPods, USB mass storage, or other USB-based MP3 players to provide music that can be ordered up verbally.

I'm no fan of Microsoft, but I must admit, it works as advertised.

My first computer was Z80A-based Northstar Horizon. 4 MHz of 8080-compatible CPU with a massive 56 KB of Static RAM! If I remember correctly, it was over $5,000 in 1979.

Give me a pre 1985 car or truck any day over a computer constricted one for reliability and being able to work on them.

I had a trash 80 and at the time it was brand new and a christmas gift at the age of 5 which I used it exactly for one hour and then never again after that as I had no idea what it was and the only thing I could do on it was write a line of code from the book to get it to say my name repeatedly. That was the most boring gift that my dad could have gotten me at 5.

How young are you?

Does anyone remember using a Rat Shack Trash80 Model 1 with the programs on a cassette player. Take 30 minutes to load a program to convert temperatures and have it crash 28 minutes into the process.

I had a Texas Instruments TI/99-4 that used cartridges.

Re-installing multiple OSes

Windows 7 Officially Released To Manufacturing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)