WHAT is better Coolsat,3500s or Viewsat vs2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pcman

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
I'm new to the FTA I have a 8' BUD and Older Toshiba trx2200 C-band system.
I also have a Direct TV dish hooked up but don't use the service anymore.
Can I use this same dish and ?
WHAT is better reciver.
Coolsat 4000 pro or Pansat 3500s or Viewsat vs2000 platinum.
They are all about the same price but the Viewsat is faster/3500s has componet and the coolsat is suppose to be easier and more popular ?

I seen a deal for a coolsat+reader 36" dish/LNB and mover for $339.
But I heard good things about the 3500 and viewsat(faster more memory) ?

I need help before I spend $ and this site looks like the best place to ask for it.

Thanks

I would recommend either the Coolsat or the Pansat

Viewsat doesn’t have blind scan, which is a feature that I feel all receivers should have. You hit one button and it scans and finds all the unknown frequencies.

The Pansat has AC-3 output for the PBS stations (but the think the Coolsat has a way to get Ac-3)

thanks for the reponse
I thought the viewsat had a type of "blindscan" ?

Its just has TP. scan, it has no way to find new channels other than downloading someone elses list!

TP is short for transponder ?
Sorry I'm a newbie to the FTA MPEG stuff

Of those three, I'd choose the Coolsat if you don't need the polarotor control.

I sold my Coolsat to get the Pansat 3500s that I'm using now. If I didn't need the polarotor control I'd be tracking down another Coolsat right now.

I found the Coolsat to have a more refined feel to it. It seemed like there was more effort put into the interface on the Coolsat. It wasn't perfect. It had it's own quirks (AC3 support is kind of manual) but I liked operating it much better than operating the Pansat.

Just my opinion. It seems that the two recievers are about the same. It's more a matter of what you need. It kind of sucks that you can't go to you local electronics store and play with them, huh?

if you wait till next month the new models are coming out

coolsat 5000 pansat 6000 pvr too and viewsat 3000

Coolsat is nice!!! :)

Pansat I like because of the UHF remote. I can control the TV on the deck, the TV in the bedroom, and the TV in the kitchen without buying more receivers. :D

I picked up a 3500s.
But I will be needing one or 2 more so I will get used to the FTA thing then look at the new lineup.
But now that 3 new recivers are coming out I'm sure all the prices will be dropping like a rock on these "older" units.

Anyone know where to get a H to H C-band dish mount ? or motor
My motor i think is dead

thanks

pcman said:
But now that 3 new recivers are coming out I'm sure all the prices will be dropping like a rock on these "older" units.

I wouldn't count on it quite yet, the demand will stay the same for now... :no

skyvision is about the most expensive place to do business with. There prices are significantly higher than what you can find in other places on the net. They indeed have a little bit of everything but you pay dearly for it.

Yes THat is where I bought My C band setup about 15 years ago( I installed myself )
At Toshiba 2200, 8.5' DISH and H to H mount that is stuck on I think it's G3 or G6 ??
I forget havent used it in a few years and names keep changing it's aiming South.

Today I just receved my Pansat 3500s and YES IT DOES HAVE SMART SCAN even says so in the user manual and it found about 20 channels on the 2 below sats.
I hooked it up to I think it was my Direct TV dish or my C-band dish.
( I don't know becuase I have a ribbon cable from the C band with 2 coax cable one I had going to the C dish LNB and the other to the Direct Tv LNB I need to climb up on the roof to label .)
But I did plug in one of the cables and I'm getting Bloomberg and some Spanish and Muslum TV on the 2 below
G-3 c/c 99.0 W
G4r /ku 95.0 W

it is also showing but with no channels or info
D.RTV/ku 109.8 w
AMC-3/ku 87.0 w

Does it look like I'm using my DIrect TV dish and if so do I need a Universal LNB to get more not sure about polarity and such.

I do have on my C-band a KU LNB on it I bought both when I bought the dish years ago it's just stuck.
I was thinking of getting a 36" dish, LNB with a stub rotor motor ,( I can get for about $150 shipped) I already have a Disque switch
I want to get all the sats and channels as many as I can.

WHat would you "pros" recommend.

THanks a million in advance need help

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
That will be very interesting. Can't wait to see if they put FULL AC-3 support in the new Coolsat.

Here is what I found on the net re: the upcoming Coolsat 5000 Platinum guys. I like the new look, and has Component video output. Cool! :D

Attachments

• coolsat5000pllarge.jpg
    coolsat5000pllarge.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 266
  • coolsat5000plspecification.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 341
  • coolsat5000plfeatures.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 344
Ripped the pictures from the .pdf files for all to check this baby out.

Attachments

• 5000.JPG
    5000.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 5000SPECS.JPG
    5000SPECS.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 285
hehe - Like I said, no HD, no 4:2:2, it'll still sell like hotcakes.

Too bad no polarotor controls :(.

I swear I might just have to let the Analog reciever drive for C-band and keep the P* / SG2100 in action for ease of use. Then I don't need the polarotor controls.... and can go with a Coolsat again. I much prefer the Coolsat to the Pansat.

A Coolsat with component output is welcome here!

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)