What is Eastern Arc?

Count me in as well as soon as Eastern Arc launches. D* has no redeeming qualities other than the most important one: reception. Once E* matches them in that department, I'll be back in a heartbeat.

Scott, not too long ago you thought that all anyone would need to do is have dishes pointed at the EA sats, and they'd effectively have EA. Do you still believe this, or do you now think that we'll have to have one of the Turbo HD Metal packages to be able to use EA?

I am pretty positive all programming of the 110, 119, and 129 will be mirrored at the eastern arc. But what of International, back onto the 61.5? Just found out that EA is high def programming only. I would think that SD programming would be on it also, so as to keep customers in service, too. Its all in testing as we speak.

Last edited:
When eastern arc is fully implemented it will be MPEG-4 SD and HD.

It is not necessarily associated directly with the new HD ONLY packages that were introduced today.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread...
. DISH went so far as to make the LNB for the 1000.4 impossible to fit on to a 1000.2 dish. This is probably so some dummy tech doesn't try to just repoint a 1000.2, swap the LNB, and then call it done.

Do any of you know if the reverse is also true? I was given a 1000.4 pan without an LNB and it's a much bigger dish than my exisiting 1000. Would a 1000.2 LNB work with the dish?

Sorry to ressurect an old thread...

Do any of you know if the reverse is also true? I was given a 1000.4 pan without an LNB and it's a much bigger dish than my exisiting 1000. Would a 1000.2 LNB work with the dish?
give it a shot and let us know..
or you can simply patronize the business of one of the many solid Satelliteguys.us sponsors and buy a 1000.4 dish and lnb kit.

If it doesn't stop raining "soon" I will need an ark.

On a serious note, I have 110, 119 and 129 with a 1000.2 dish in Muncie, IN. What arc am I on?

No offense but why would I want to buy a 1000.4 dish when I already have one?

The question is will a 1000.2 LNB fit to a 1000.4 dish and is the dish itself capable of pulling the 110/119/129 satellites with the correct LNB.

No offense but why would I want to buy a 1000.4 dish when I already have one?

The question is will a 1000.2 LNB fit to a 1000.4 dish and is the dish itself capable of pulling the 110/119/129 satellites with the correct LNB.
I don't believe that the 1000.2 lnb will fit the 1000.4 arm. Read the pdf attached to this post from Scott about the Eastern Arc.

I saw that...they have "keyed" (whatever that means) the 1000.4 parts in an effort to keep them together. I suppose it's going to come down to actually having the parts to look at to figure it out. Just because it's not "supposed" to fit certainly doesn't mean it can't fit.

I was hoping someone had already made a Franken-dish attempt with this thing.

Degrees

Hi guys.

I live in miami, so my house just point a balcony to the eastern Arc, I have a Dish 500.. I know that it only can be point it to one satellite at time because the degree are 9-10 in this antenna to get this site.

I am pretty new in this.. I am using twinan dvb card with two lnbf, I rad before..I also have dish motor but I couldn't be avaible to install it becase the brakers of the dish 500 they don't match.

My big problem will be result with an 1000.4, but I can affort it right now....

So.. 61.5 - - 72.7 - - and 77 -- are the options that I have, but I am not a duty with the compass.. this is my big problem... any tutorial how to use a compass for satellite ubication?

I have dvbdream and progfinder software.. with the Az and Altitud given by them, I really don't know how to set it.. I had been working in this a few hours and nothing yet... ..

Should I just point the compass to those degree. (61.5, 72.7, 77) or should I use the Azimuth and Altitud geiven by progfinder?

Thanks and I am sorry for the extesion in this post but as I say I am a novice on this...

ME

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)