What is needed to swap 4K Joey for second (owned) H3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Indeed, Lucabratsi did say that. He earlier also said this, which is the post I was replying to.
Here is the 4 Hopper setup attached. This should work for 4 H3's?
So I was trying to figure out how to put 4 H3's on one dish.

So I was trying to figure out how to put 4 H3's on one dish.
Well, the way to do it would be just replicating a normal DPH install twice, then bridging the hubs to allow for MoCA communication, or your idea of using DPDual's. Ill go ahead and cook a diagram of that. (Or at least what I would imagine it being, since its a weird install)

There you go, now we just need to figure out how to get the receivers active lol

Attachments

• 4timesthefun.png
    4timesthefun.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 106
I already explained that I was in a dark place when I posted what I did and thought I had deleted it. I am very aware that you need a hub with H3s. I’ve had a hub from the very beginning. :)
This is one of the rare times I walked away without reading the rest of the thread after I posted to take a phone call and never returned to it lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well that statement is confusing! Your diagram already shows a DPH42. Plus that only gives him 2 H3's, not 4 as he wants.

Again, that only gives him 2 H3's. Am I in the wrong thread or something?
Hello,
Thanks for all the great insight and diagrams. I will try the DP42 with the Duo as in the schematic, for 2H3's and two Joeys. Greatly appreciated. I also will follow up on how I make out. Should take about a week to get everything together.
All the best,

Setting Up Receivers
Warning: Do not install a Hopper 3 receiver unless it is preloaded with production software version U337 or later.

I just read this in the DPH42 instruction manual. I bought a used H3 from a Sat Guys member. Is there a way I can connect it and update the software if need be prior to doing this installation? I am still waiting for my LNBF and DPH42 switch to arrive.

Setting Up Receivers
Warning: Do not install a Hopper 3 receiver unless it is preloaded with production software version U337 or later.

I just read this in the DPH42 instruction manual. I bought a used H3 from a Sat Guys member. Is there a way I can connect it and update the software if need be prior to doing this installation? I am still waiting for my LNBF and DPH42 switch to arrive.
You can just unplug your current H3 and connect the new one the exact same way, you won't get service but you can check the software version and update if necessary

Setting Up Receivers

The Hoppers are way, WAY past U337. If you have one Hopper 3 now, just put the new one there, run a check switch and then after the program guide d/l
s go to the Diagnostics screen (Home 3 Times) and select update software, then let it go for about 30 minutes

Yes. although no bar graph came up saying downloading so I shut the Hopper off using the remote. When it went into standby it said downloading guide 35% complete. A little while later the progress indicator was gone. So I turned the Hopper back on and clicked on update software and got the same message again. Your Hopper is up to date at H309. I have now checked my installed Hopper 3 and it is in fact at H309. Thanks.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes. although no bar graph came up saying downloading so I shut the Hopper off using the remote. When it went into standby it said downloading guide 35% complete. A little while later the progress indicator was gone. So I turned the Hopper back on and clicked on update software and got the same message again. Your Hopper is up to date at H309. I have now checked my installed Hopper 3 and it is in fact at H309. Thanks.
After you select Guide Update back out of the Diagnostics Menu and the guide download info takes up to about 5 minutes to show up.

Reactions: david_jr
Ok so I got everything I ordered and set about putting things in place. Figured out where my DPH42 Switch is going and the duo hybrid hub. Took the EA LNBF that I purchased up to the roof and it looks like the plastic yoke on the hybrid LNBF is wrong for the DPP LNBF???? Installer took the old DPP LNBF when I upgraded to H3 previously.IMG_2164.JPGIMG_2165.JPGIMG_2166.JPGIMG_2167.JPGIMG_2168.JPGIMG_2169.JPGIMG_2170.JPG

So the EA LNBF is twice the height of the DPH LNBF and the connection at the bottom of the EA LNBF doesn't look like it will match up to the plastic yoke. So do I need to order more parts????? Sheesh this never ends!! One more question, I have seen different diagrams that show the power inserter before the hub and some show it after the hub. I will be using a hybrid duo hub.

Thanks (I think)...

Took the EA LNBF that I purchased up to the roof and it looks like the plastic yoke on the hybrid LNBF is wrong for the DPP LNBF????
I previously mentioned here (post #19), the yoke may be different.
Assuming you have a standard, non-modified dish, then you have a 1000.2. Which will accept any 1000.2 LNB. Only issue may be the yoke, the most recent version of the Hybrid (known as the slimline) has a different yoke to early Hybrid LNB's, so you may or may not need a new yoke if you go for the LNB change.

One more question, I have seen different diagrams that show the power inserter before the hub and some show it after the hub. I will be using a hybrid duo hub.
It can actually be either, the optimal place is between the Hub and switch, but the Hub will let power pass through so it can be between the H3 and Hub (that's how I have it).

Reactions: david_jr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)