What is required to pick up the Anchorage mux?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sattech

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 19, 2004
It's all in the title.
Thanks Marc

You'll need a C-band dish for starters, with a C-band LNB. Then you'll need a DVB Mpeg II receiver. To move the dish (if desired), you'll need either a Vbox or a dish positioner or an Analog receiver. If you choose an analog receiver, you'll want to slave the Mpeg receiver to it. There are so many different ways to go, this is just an idea....
Note: You will not be able to get them with a ku-band dish...

Al

What is the minimum size dish?

Personally, I wouldn't go below a 10' dish. Some have had good results with an 8.5' dish. I've heard of people using 5' or 6' dishes. But, those might be stretching it for the Alaska Mux. Whatever you decide, "Good Luck"!!!

Al

It looks like Dish has them on a spot beam. So I couldn't "move". Am i right?

anchorage mux on amc-7

In charleston, wv I get 49% signal on the anchorage mux using an 8 foot sami mesh dish with homemade c/ku lnbf combo on my fortec ultra lifetime dvb box. my lnbf combo is a 20 degree astrotel and .6 degree dms international ku lnbf. I used a holesaw and cut a hole in the back of the c-band lnbf and inserted the ku lnbf's feedhorn. secured them together with some steel putty from the hardware store. It sounds redneck but performs great. My signal is not any stronger using the same model lnbf that is not modified. The 49 percent does not poop out on me in the rain. it is rock solid.
sometimes I have 57 percent on amc-7.

sattech said:
It looks like Dish has them on a spot beam. So I couldn't "move". Am i right?
Are you talking about the Anchorage Mux on AMC 7 C-band? We are.

Dish's spot beam has nothing to do with these.

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)